• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random thought, but i've covered the last two ROI games.

They're so toothless, but a big reason for that is they're playing a 4-3-3 with the widest front three I've ever seen.

It also means they're relying on a player in the middle of the park that they just don't have - a playmaker. Brady puts in a decent cross.

Their best attacking outlet based on league form would be Doherty and Stevens.

Kenny left Coleman on the bench in both games but Doherty was next to useless because he's only really thrived as a wing-back for Wolves (and it'll be interesting to see how he gets on at Spurs unless Jose switches to a 3 at the back, because he's not a great ball carrier, his skill is making deep runs into the area really).

Anyway, surely Kenny would be better off - if he's trying to play decent togger - in playing a 3-5-2/3-4-3. IMO he has the players for it.

Randolph

Coleman
Duffy
Egan

Doherty
McCarthy/Hendrick
Hourihane/Arter
Stevens

Brady
(Any assortment of poor striker) - or maybe even Hendrick dropping back slightly
Connolly

As I said, random, but it seems like that's a system which could actually work for this Ireland team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back