Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re not lucky 1-0s when you’re winning 5 in 6 against decent opposition. I’d bite your hand off for a 1-0. We played them toe to toe earlier in the season with two flying fullbacks and three in midfield but quite frankly Richarlison isn’t in form, Allan might not be fully fit, Coleman has fallen off a cliff, and the back two aren’t mobile enough to play this way. Carlo goes to his deep back 4 in the big away games. I’d be amazed if he doesn’t do it again. Anfield isn’t the place to throw discipline to abandon, you tend up getting pumped 4-0 like Wolves or Leicester.
I'm not saying not be disciplined I'm saying having a chance of scoring would be helpful. Digne isn't costing us goals really.

I didn't say he is bad, but such a horrible performance can't just go away without consequences,
he will be nervous

you could well be right, Im not sure - the consequences were the 3 points today. Press them not the best tac in my opinion, set up similar to burnley / brighton. Compact low block, which we are excellent at & commit bodies on the break, which we are excellent at

Not having thats a pen for chelsea, werner loses control of the ball, knows the covering defenders getting there first and runs into the keeper...
Not as blatant as salah but still

Control of the ball is not necessary when a foul is committed.

And that stupid SU keeper wiped out Werner.

Ball still in play - penalty.

Control of the ball is not necessary when a foul is committed.

And that stupid SU keeper wiped out Werner.

Ball still in play - penalty.
So if I knock a ball 20 yard ahead of me with no chance of getting it and run into a defender who holds his ground and I go to ground it's still a foul? Even if I run in a different direction to where the balls going?

So if I knock a ball 20 yard ahead of me with no chance of getting it and run into a defender who holds his ground and I go to ground it's still a foul? Even if I run in a different direction to where the balls going?

The chance of getting the ball doesn't come into it! How many times have you seen a player knock the ball quite a few yards ahead of an opponent (with another opponent having the opportunity to get to the ball first) only to be trimmed out by the guy he's trying to go past? Loads of times. And it's a yellow card every time. It is not dependent upon where the ball is when it is in play.

If I was the ref (and I've done a fair bit in my time) and you ran into an opponent, then I would give a foul against you.

And it doesn't matter what direction an individual is running in, if they are fouled, it's a foul.

And Werner was absolutely trimmed out by the Sheff Utd goalkeeper, who committed himself and just ploughed into him. Keeper probably thought Werner would knock the ball in the same direction as Werner was heading so dived at his feet, expecting to get the ball. Werner flicked the ball one side, and went to go past the goalkeeper on the other. Result: no ball for the GK to collect, and going at the speed he was, he took out Werner. Penalty.

What's not to understand...?

The chance of getting the ball doesn't come into it! How many times have you seen a player knock the ball quite a few yards ahead of an opponent (with another opponent having the opportunity to get to the ball first) only to be trimmed out by the guy he's trying to go past? Loads of times. And it's a yellow card every time. It is not dependent upon where the ball is when it is in play.

If I was the ref (and I've done a fair bit in my time) and you ran into an opponent, then I would give a foul against you.

And it doesn't matter what direction an individual is running in, if they are fouled, it's a foul.

And Werner was absolutely trimmed out by the Sheff Utd goalkeeper, who committed himself and just ploughed into him. Keeper probably thought Werner would knock the ball in the same direction as Werner was heading so dived at his feet, expecting to get the ball. Werner flicked the ball one side, and went to go past the goalkeeper on the other. Result: no ball for the GK to collect, and going at the speed he was, he took out Werner. Penalty.

What's not to understand...?
Fair enough, just personally think it's a bit soft...

Ramsdale holding his ground is a very generous interpretation. For me Ramsdale has clearly moved into him and not the other way around.

I'm honestly kind of fascinated by how many people think that wasn't a good call. I thought it was as nailed on a penalty as I've seen this season.

Was Alisson's performance just a Loris Karius tribute act?

They're probably missing the Anfield goalkeeping legend now, I hope he's recovered from that Ramos inflicted concussion. I remember it lasted for months afterwards - a pre season game at Tranmere cones to mind.

:D :D

we were good at the start of the first half as well

We were playing ok, but no real goal threat. We need to start believing, and sustain a running game, frightening defences - can't sustain it for 90 minutes agreed, but need to do it for more than 30.

Think back to when we stuck United 4-0, or when Dunc scored the winner at GP against them.

It was passionate and confident football for most of the 90 minutes.

I have never done this before in my 55 years but formal complaint made to BBC. I won't hold my breath but I will let ye know if I get a response.

This is what I sent - acknowledgement received with undertaking to reply within 10 days.

Ridiculous unbalanced analysis of Liverpool game 

MOTD tonight was a disgrace. Zero analysis of clear simulation by Salah for the penalty - even Souness on Sky was clearly suggesting it was soft/lucky

Then bringing Van Dijk back into the discussion- again Souness had said on Sky that they shipped 7 goals against Villa WITH Van Dijk.

Can you please try to have a balanced panel for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back