Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the Liverpool game today.

It was never going to be an easy game today with their hugely influential defender out injured until the end of the season.

They're just not the same when he doesn't play.

He's proven this season that he's a danger in both boxes and really makes the side tick, so with the manager needing to shuffle the pack it was never going to be easy to take the points.

But fair play, even without Justin playing Leicester did great and deserved the three points. ;)
This is the same 'hugely influential defender' who was on the pitch when they shipped 7 against Villa...

I don't know. To me it looked like the Spurs player was running towards the ball and Gundogan first stuck his right leg in front of him and tripped him.
I don't think it was intentional, but it's still a foul and a free kick to Spurs.

The contact afterwards is the Spurs player catching him on the back of his leg, and yes, that is a penalty, but the other foul was first.
To me it seems like one of those 50-50 events where, instead of just letting it go as such, the referee (and/or the VAR ref) mentally tosses a coin and makes a decision that's bound to annoy one side or the other. They don't seem to be able to process that a lot of challenges, all over the pitch, are 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back