Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we want champions league, we have to catch two of the teams in front of us. One of those teams is West Ham. A West Ham win here is not good.
A draw would have been the ideal result, but if there was to be a winner I'd prefer that to be West Ham to Spurs. I may be doing the Hammers a disservice here but, despite the result today, I still expect Spurs to be the closer challenger come the end of the season. West Ham have City, United, Leeds and Arsenal for the next 4 games and it wouldn't be a shock to see them coming out of that with just 1 or 2 points.

A draw would have been the ideal result, but if there was to be a winner I'd prefer that to be West Ham to Spurs. I may be doing the Hammers a disservice here but, despite the result today, I still expect Spurs to be the closer challenger come the end of the season. West Ham have City, United, Leeds and Arsenal for the next 4 games and it wouldn't be a shock to see them coming out of that with just 1 or 2 points.
West Ham also have a spell of six matches in a month where they play the three teams around them at home (including us) and travel to three teams I think are contesting the final relegation spot.

West Ham will be closer to contending with us for European places at the end.

I think all the signs point toward a Spurs implosion. Lost 5 of their last 6. Manager has returned the worst points total in his first 50 games at any of the clubs he's managed. 81 at Spurs, 95 at Man Utd compared to 124 at Porto or 121 Chelsea first spell.

West Ham also have a spell of six matches in a month where they play the three teams around them at home (including us) and travel to three teams I think are contesting the final relegation spot.

I think all the signs point toward a Spurs implosion. Lost 5 of their last 6. Manager has returned the worst points total in his first 50 games at any of the clubs he's managed. 81 at Spurs, 95 at Man Utd compared to 124 at Porto or 121 Chelsea first spell.
Mourinho is so done but people are still hanging on. That Spurs team isn't particularly talented either. Son and Kane are great, Hojbjerg does his job well, but after that they've got Dier, Ndombele and Sissoko as the most used outfield players. And their rotation of attackers among Bergwijn, Lucas, Lamela and Bale is badly average. That team isn't getting CL.

Mourinho is so done but people are still hanging on. That Spurs team isn't particularly talented either. Son and Kane are great, Hojbjerg does his job well, but after that they've got Dier, Ndombele and Sissoko as the most used outfield players. And their rotation of attackers among Bergwijn, Lucas, Lamela and Bale is badly average. That team isn't getting CL.
I disagree, I think Tottenham have a very good team on paper, and there’s no way they should be where they are in the table

TBF how much of that is down to Mou, and how much its down to a team being two or three seasons overdue for a revamp is the question - that was a side that got Poch fired, and the core of it really hasn't been changed since.

I am not sure what they can do to fix it either - you either bin Mou off (but for who?) or do something really risky, like back him to rebuild the side with his own players, in a way he wants to play and hope he doesn't do any craziness.

Mourinho is so done but people are still hanging on.
He was always a terrible appointment for Spurs, because of the close-knit nature of their squad. They've had very little turnover in playing staff and he's waded in alienating Alli (who he claimed he wanted at Man Utd) and it's rubbed off on their performances.

His previous for calling out a member of his predecessor's first team and throwing them under the bus made it all predictable. Nobody would take Mourinho over Pochettino now and, at the time, it looked bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back