Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they've refreshed it enough in recent years. They're still relying on Sissoko and Dier and for me that just isn't good enough.
Agree, they are circling the drain. You also know that Levy will have to cash in on one of Kane or Son to fund any kind of rebuild.

They blew the Bale money, haven't recruited well in an age.

I don't rate them, in case anyone was wondering.

TBF Parker has done a really impressive job there - not sure its good enough to get the Spurs job, but in terms of previous Fulham managers I can't think of any (including Woy) who'd have the current squad still in with a shout of staying up.
Parker's first thing is that he has a group of mercenaries playing for him and each other. He's worked well with a frankly mental board and has introduced a system that strengthened their weakest area and made them competitive in every game. I absolutely believe Levy would look at him and think he can get a tune out of that squad with none of the drama of Mourinho.

What’s impressive about being 18th in the league?
Parker inherited a squad of players who all wanted to leave, weren't good enough or both.

The director of football is the owner's son and he was buying players from you tube videos by the look of it.

He had the shortest period to get players in and playing because of the drawn out playoffs and rushed start to the premier league. Once he had his team playing his system they've been competitive in every game and are playing for him and each other.

Agree, they are circling the drain. You also know that Levy will have to cash in on one of Kane or Son to fund any kind of rebuild.

They blew the Bale money, haven't recruited well in an age.

I don't rate them, in case anyone was wondering.
Yep and just looking at recent transfers they've done poorly. Lo Celso and Ndombele were meant to revolutionize the midfield and are not that good, the combo of Bergwijn, Lucas and Sessegnon haven't added anything to the attack, and they've spent close to 40m to not fix the RB spot. Their business rivals some of our worst windows.

no, but then again Newcastle have spent money and are an established PL club; Fulham aren't

Well I mean Fulham have spent many years in the PL so I don’t agree with that. Fulham also spent £30m in the Summer as well as loaning in big name players like RLC and Areola. They’re a team full of internationals.

Edit: 15 of last 20 season spent in the PL.

Mourinho is so done but people are still hanging on. That Spurs team isn't particularly talented either. Son and Kane are great, Hojbjerg does his job well, but after that they've got Dier, Ndombele and Sissoko as the most used outfield players. And their rotation of attackers among Bergwijn, Lucas, Lamela and Bale is badly average. That team isn't getting CL.
Nah. My spurs mate says they are still behind him. They're struggling financially and need to buy an entire new set of central defenders so they know Mourinho is going to struggle until he gets at least one he can rely on.

Well I mean Fulham have spent many years in the PL so I don’t agree with that. Fulham also spent £30m in the Summer as well as loaning in big name players like RLC and Areola. They’re a team full of internationals.
RLC has been their worst player in my opinion. Perhaps that's hyperbole, but I don't see him being brave enough and wanting the ball under pressure, he's the exception to what Parker has done there.

Nah. My spurs mate says they are still behind him. They're struggling financially and need to buy an entire new set of central defenders so they know Mourinho is going to struggle until he gets at least one he can rely on.
I mean he's done as in he's lost it from a management perspective not that Spurs are going to can him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back