Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Paul Scholes is saying that they miss the crowd at Anfield.
I don't think there can be any denying that they in fact do miss the crowd at Anfield.

Their players walk out into the field feeling like some sort of kings because there are 50,000 fans screaming and waving banners at them like they are at some One Direction concert.

Officials are somehow influenced by the crowd who boo at the first decision that goes 'against' them, and continue to boo throughout the game.

Klopp, as we saw on Saturday, is always in the 4th Official's face, which riles up the crowd even more, and ultimately the officials cave in and award penalties, free kicks, etc, that shouldn't be awarded.

And until this season, as highlighted by their four-year unbeaten run at Anfield, many teams were defeated before a ball was even kicked, partially due to the crowd inside, and partially due to their coach being assaulted with bricks and fireworks outside, and who can blame them for not being in their right frame of mine?

I don't think there can be any discussion that they miss having the crowd there. The bigger question to me is how they have been able to get away with it for so long with their brick-throwing and manager's berating of officlals during the games.

Just finished watching MOTD2.

They went rather big on our win at the end of the programme. Also showed Campbell's winner in 1999. As well as a couple of punch-ups over the years! ;)

I don't think there can be any denying that they in fact do miss the crowd at Anfield.

Their players walk out into the field feeling like some sort of kings because there are 50,000 fans screaming and waving banners at them like they are at some One Direction concert.

Officials are somehow influenced by the crowd who boo at the first decision that goes 'against' them, and continue to boo throughout the game.

Klopp, as we saw on Saturday, is always in the 4th Official's face, which riles up the crowd even more, and ultimately the officials cave in and award penalties, free kicks, etc, that shouldn't be awarded.

And until this season, as highlighted by their four-year unbeaten run at Anfield, many teams were defeated before a ball was even kicked, partially due to the crowd inside, and partially due to their coach being assaulted with bricks and fireworks outside, and who can blame them for not being in their right frame of mine?

I don't think there can be any discussion that they miss having the crowd there. The bigger question to me is how they have been able to get away with it for so long with their brick-throwing and manager's berating of officlals during the games.
Saw man city freeze at goodison, so if the crowd was at goodison would city have bottled it through the week, would coulda shouda. They've always had everything go they're way. Have they said the wind was ordered by us wouldn't surprise me

Of course they do but it's not unique. As is witnessed by the fact that there have been more away wins athan home wins.

Those punch ups and the red cards were all from the 1999 game. Steve Staunton ended up in goal!
Pathetic wasn't it? lol If you're gonna try and get in somebody's face and wave fists then just clock them with a grade A knuckle sandwich instead of swotting flies around their ears - you're gonna get a red and a three-game ban anyway.

Last edited:

...more-like the girl-band equivalent : Miss Direction

I can't tell if I want Utd to lose or win here. Don't like Newcastle but can't really see them going down. Really wouldn't mind Utd losing.

Again, why can't both teams lose? Would be so much better.
Newcastle are the new Bournemouth. A team we struggle against for no apparent reason. Relegate them to league 2 and be done with it so I don’t have to watch us play them anymore.

Another multilingual footballer and some people say the English don't do foreign languages

Jadon Sancho channels Joey Barton and Steve McClaren in bizarre interview on Norwegian TV

England and Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho ended up going viral for all of the wrong reasons on social media in the last 24 hours.

Sancho scored the first goal and created the second for Erling Braut Haaland as Dortmund thrashed Schalke 4-0 in the Revier derby in the Bundesliga on Saturday evening.

Unsurprisingly, Sancho and Haaland, who scored twice, were the centre of attention when it came to the post-match media duties and the pair ended up doing an interview with ViaSat, a TV Station from Haaland's native Norway.

The pair answered questions in English, but Sancho has earned ridicule by responding in a German accent, albeit in English.

Just so embarrassing, why on earth do they do it?

Sancho, Barton and McClaren - they must have about half a brain cell between them.

Even more cringeworthy than Steve McClaren. Always reminds me of that Harry Enfield sketch with the Colombian footballer talking in a Geordie accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back