Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hasn't. The striker is offside when the initial ball is played. The deflection doesn't matter as it's unintended.

It's like a through ball coming off the leg of a defender who's got an interception wrong, rolling through to a striker five yards offside - it's still offside as the forward ball was initially made by the opposition player.

It comes down to whether it's a 'deliberate play' on the ball.

All that said, if Mount doesn't touch the ball as some have said (looks it from that angle but haven't seen others), then the point is moot. If the defender just hooks the ball over his own head, even if under pressure, then Giroud is onside. If it's deflected off his toe after Mount gets the first touch, he's offside.
I think the defender intentionally plays the ball there.

I think the defender intentionally plays the ball there.

He does, but if Mount touches it and the defender deflects it, which it looked like from first angle, then the touch wouldn't have mattered.

As it stands, he's hooked it over his own head as he's bottled the 50/50, so as said it's a moot point.

He'll still score a hattrick now, but its really sad seeing Messi just going through the motions with his heart not in it anymore. He looks like he really needs a change of scenery.

Can't blame him, they are proper basket case at the moment.

Only beaten Spurs at the Amex this season I think. They've really thrown a few games away though. Last night, the game against United where they dominated but lost in the 96th min come to mind
To be fair, they were robbed of a point there, it was a penalty, but were did the ten minutes come from I just don’t know. It should have ended on 90+5 mins when it was 2-2.

Still, although if they go down, I’ll miss away days there as it’s my nearest Prem ground, but I won’t miss them as a team in the division; they’ve diced with relegation far too much now and were lucky to stay up two seasons ago on 36 points and lost to Cardiff twice who went down below them on 34. Kind of a long overdue thing.

NSC really is a hilarious forum, only that I laugh at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back