Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
City just bore me sadly.

I was never a huge fan of Barca and their constant keep ball but love their individuals.

Pep is an incredible coach but I feel 60% of his wins are teams just not attempting to attack because psychologically they fear getting countered and beaten.

That happened to the RS last season, teams just never turned up and they handed the game to them because they face a team in potential 6 pointer.

This season, Pep has worked magic as well as adding in the correct areas to make City even better and beat 6-5-0 formations like Wolves.

The Premier League has now become a breeding ground for clubs to cling to and keep their finances afloat.

I am glad we have Carlo, a coach who wants to win games by changing set up to reflect better teams.

City just bore me sadly.

I was never a huge fan of Barca and their constant keep ball but love their individuals.

Pep is an incredible coach but I feel 60% of his wins are teams just not attempting to attack because psychologically they fear getting countered and beaten.

That happened to the RS last season, teams just never turned up and they handed the game to them because they face a team in potential 6 pointer.

This season, Pep has worked magic as well as adding in the correct areas to make City even better and beat 6-5-0 formations like Wolves.

The Premier League has now become a breeding ground for clubs to cling to and keep their finances afloat.

I am glad we have Carlo, a coach who wants to win games by changing set up to reflect better teams.
I wish we could be bored at Everton watching us win 21 successive matches, playing the way city do.

I wish we could be bored at Everton watching us win 21 successive matches, playing the way city do.
I would take the 21 game winning streak as everyone on here would.

It's surprising to me that teams sit back against them, I thought the high press was the only way to go against Pep's teams. You see how they win the ball back close to their opponent's goal eight, nine times per match because of how deep teams sit against them. The closer you win the ball to your opponent's goal the more likely you are to score.

I'm more bored by the way teams set up against City than by the way City play.

Why does everything have to link back to the RS? Anyways, Liverpool wouldn't have won the league regardless of what City done this season.

Without Man CIty, the league would've been far better and the race would've been far open. Even a side like West Ham would've been sniffing for the title, something all the neutrals would get behind. Man City could've been excused but their abysmal form in Europe is actually even worse for English football.
They would have won the UCL a few seasons ago, if it wasn’t for VAR. Still, the way they imploded against Lyon was pure embarrassment for English football, as well as how Liverpool/RS fell apart against Athletico.

Regarding Haaland it is was his dad with his mocking of Keane that caused the trouble , but Abu Dhabi and their fans miss that one every time
That mocking was over four years previously and David Weatherall had been part of it as well, so it didn't cause "all the trouble".

Keane, by his own admission, was in no condition to play that game and said that Haaland was winding him up about it from the get-go.

It's always seemed to me that Keane lashed out, then tried to justify it then and later for money, by including his version of events in his autobiography. Because the revenge story plays better than "I was hungover from nights on the lash in Chester..."

That mocking was over four years previously and David Weatherall had been part of it as well, so it didn't cause "all the trouble".

Keane, by his own admission, was in no condition to play that game and said that Haaland was winding him up about it from the get-go.

It's always seemed to me that Keane lashed out, then tried to justify it then and later for money, by including his version of events in his autobiography. Because the revenge story plays better than "I was hungover from nights on the lash in Chester..."
I heard from a fairly good authority who was on the books at Forest that it all went back to a piece of skirt they were both involved with during their times at Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back