Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea now look the real deal, they now look difficult to breakdown let alone beat them, something you could never say about a Frank Lampard side.

This was further vindication of the 'Chelski' decision to sack Frank, Roman knew their chances against Atletico weren't great with Frank at the helm. In the event they strolled through in first gear, hardly troubled by the La Liga leaders it was all too easy.

I've not changed my conviction that they're the team to beat this year, even more so than City. It gets more difficult for the prem sides now as they can be drawn together. At least Liverpool vs Chelsea would see the end of Klopp's trophy ambitions for this season imo.

Chelsea now look the real deal, they now look difficult to breakdown let alone beat them, something you could never say about a Frank Lampard side.

This was further vindication of the 'Chelski' decision to sack Frank, Roman knew their chances against Atletico weren't great with Frank at the helm. In the event they strolled through in first gear, hardly troubled by the La Liga leaders it was all too easy.

I've not changed my conviction that they're the team to beat this year, even more so than City. It gets more difficult for the prem sides now as they can be drawn together. At least Liverpool vs Chelsea would see the end of Klopp's trophy ambitions for this season imo.
Agree with everything about the decision to replace Lampard. I rate Tuchel, seems like I might be in a minority on here.

I don't see them winning the CL for all that though. Another commenter compared them to 2010 Spain and they do have that tournament side feel to them.

My issue rests with the ensemble nature of their attacking third, the rotation of players means they lack that attacking identity of the top tier sides left in the competition. Clearly Tuchel is under instructions to get those final third players firing, but by switching them around every match they don't have the potency of Bayern, Man City or PSG.

I don't know why people keep saying Chelsea are in first gear. They haven't shown another gear yet. This might be all they have.

I mean they're essentially playing 7 outfield players in positions where they have defensive responsibilities first, they don't take risks in possession and they have good defenders. I think this is who they are unless someone in that front 3 goes up a level. A defensive team that looks to nick goals when teams get tired of watching them pass away from goal.

I don't know why people keep saying Chelsea are in first gear. They haven't shown another gear yet. This might be all they have.

I mean they're essentially playing 7 outfield players in positions where they have defensive responsibilities first, they don't take risks in possession and they have good defenders. I think this is who they are unless someone in that front 3 goes up a level. A defensive team that looks to nick goals when teams get tired of watching them pass away from goal.

They only beat us with an incredibly lucky OG, and a stupid penalty given away...

They only beat us with an incredibly lucky OG, and a stupid penalty given away...
Yep and the OG opened us up in the second half. It probably stays 0-0 for a while otherwise. They're incredibly dull and the number of low scoring games they are having isn't a coincidence. It isn't that they aren't getting out of first gear so much as to this point it is their gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back