Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who needs stats?
So Liverpool sign up to Statsbomb and then lose 6 home games on the bounce and you think it HELPS your cause?

Interesting, very, very interesting.

So why is it bad when I do?
Mainly cos you cherry pick.

Stats are useful, but they will never replace people, like me, who have a firm understanding of the game of football due to 40 years experience in the game.

They are useful to people, like you, who never kicked a ball against a wall as a young boy, jumpers for goalposts, rush goaly, red arse.

But you focus on your xG fam.

Mainly cos you cherry pick.

Stats are useful, but they will never replace people, like me, who have a firm understanding of the game of football due to 40 years experience in the game.

They are useful to people, like you, who never kicked a ball against a wall as young boy, jumpers for goalposts, rush goaly, red arse.

But you focus on your xG fam.
I don't cherry pick though.

You sound like the baseball scout who is sitting in some rundown bar drinking his third domestic at 3:30 on a Wednesday. "They'll always need people who know the game!"

Football is different obviously, but adapt or become obsolete.

I don't cherry pick though.

You sound like the baseball scout who is sitting in some rundown bar drinking his third domestic at 3:30 on a Wednesday. "They'll always need people who know the game!"

Football is different obviously, but adapt or become obsolete.
Thats just it, the whole data system has come from baseball, a game of chance, football isn't played like baseball.

There is a place in football for data, but it should and will never replace the human element, there are scouts out there who can tell in 5minutes if somebody has it, but keep reading the tea leaves.

Thats just it, the whole data system has come from baseball, a game of chance, football isn't played like baseball.

There is a place in football for data, but it should and will never replace the human element, there are scouts out there who can tell in 5minutes if somebody has it, but keep reading the tea leaves.
Well maybe Everton should find some of these magic scouts then. Until they do I'll be using the numbers to inform how I see players at least on some level.

Well maybe Everton should find some of these magic scouts then. Until they do I'll be using the numbers to inform how I see players at least on some level.
I think the fact that you are the only 1 supporting Iwobi, based on stats, tells us everything we need to know about stats and how useful they are alone to gauge players.

Thankfully we will never go full stats.

But sure bro, you keep using them, me I'm gonna watch the footy and use the knowledge base in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back