Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current bottom three will be the ones going. Fulham have improved, but they haven’t got quite enough bite upfront to justify it.

There are also 17 teams better than those three, so I can see it going the way it is right now.

Anyhow, I’m new here and have been a Toffee since 1994 when I was 9 years old, so I better introduce myself later on!.

Mad thing is this game would be nowhere near as comfortable if we were away to Bournemouth.

Says a lot about how we approach games against "lesser" opposition.

One team gets a soft touch like lower division Bournemouth another gets quadruple chasing City.

Arsenal won the 2017 FA cup after meeting two non league sides in consecutive rounds, Sutton United in the 5th and Lincoln in the quarters.

The cup isn't fair it's not decided on merit, you don't have to meet the best to win it that's idiotic, you can meet F*** all and still win the cup, even get relegated the same year like Wigan.

Portsmouth, Wigan, Middlesbrough, Birmingham City, Swansea the list of lower league teams who have won a domestic cup and been relegated soon afterwards goes on and on.

The league is the only place to decide who is a good team the FA cup is a poor lucky dip by comparison - there's some shíte been in the final too - relegated Watford, Middlesbrough, Hull City etc.

The FA Cup is rightly dismissed as worth far less than the league, it's nowhere near a major trophy and most teams have far less respect for it until the later rounds. Why we had to draw City so early on and be this year's mugs and fall guys? We win and everyone else benefits, we lose and everyone else thinks at least we had a far better draw.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back