Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they?

Personally for me, Lingard coming in has completely changed their season.

Dawson has been a cracking signing.

Never, ever thought I’d say say Dawson and Lingard would be great signings, but here we are.

We’ve just not got a central midfield, but outside is overall better.
Yes, we have some exceptionally gifted players such as Digne or James playing for us, but overall our squad isn't better. We have Iwobi playing week in week out for us, for christ's sake.

West Ham have more quality all around the pitch, and more seasoned for the Premier League. Although yeah, they don't have a well established striker.

Soucek Rice Lingard is night and day from our midfield. Pace power and tenacity v players who can’t run. Same with McGinn Grealish Barkley Luiz. Don’t be surprised when they overrun us and people are blaming Ancelotti again. The more I see our midfield agaisnt other teams the more I appreciate the job Ancelotti has done getting this lot into the conversation. Davies Gomes Siggurdson are the worst midfielders in the league.

Soucek Rice Lingard is night and day from our midfield. Pace power and tenacity v players who can’t run. Same with McGinn Grealish Barkley Luiz. Don’t be surprised when they overrun us and people are blaming Ancelotti again. The more I see our midfield agaisnt other teams the more I appreciate the job Ancelotti has done getting this lot into the conversation. Davies Gomes Siggurdson are the worst midfielders in the league.
Agree...Hipster, Dulwich and Iceland are rubbish...but don’t forget Crab Iwobi and Fabian the Oracle...deadwood garbage. And that Brands fella needs firing from a cannon...worse than the loser he replaced

The first live sporting event from overseas that we got in NZ was the FA Cup (Leeds vs Sunderland). So excited we were! Setting the alarm for 2.30am, everyone in their pyjamas watching on our black and white telly! Magic memories.

Buy nowadays no one gives a toss about it. I have not watched an FA cup final since we were last in it and wouldn’t care if it was binned
Bin the league cup for starters, not many countries have them and France only got rid of theirs last season.

After that get rid of the FA Cup, maybe at the same time also. I’m sick of this “Magic of the cup”, you forget about the teams from the non-leagues not long after. Brazil only started their cup in 1989 and not all South American countries even have them.

Agree...Hipster, Dulwich and Iceland are rubbish...but don’t forget Crab Iwobi and Fabian the Oracle...deadwood garbage. And that Brands fella needs firing from a cannon...worse than the loser he replaced

Might even be worth us just throwing Holgate in with Allan for a few games just to give us a bit of pace in there. I’d throw Richy in at 10 as well if James isn’t fit. Just get as much pace into the team as possible otherwise the Fulham and Burnley games will happen again.

to be fair Moyes has done a better job than Ancelotti so far this season regardless of this result, still wouldn't want to swap them though...

If we win our game in hand we're both level on points, we both went out of the FA Cup in the same round, we went one round further in the EFL.

How's he done a better job so far exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back