Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new striker is meant to be our main focus in the summer, but his good form has also come at the same time we have started playing him alongside Vardy rather than trying him as a lone striker (which he can't really do)

I think having a player like Vardy alongside him who will also have the attention of defenders means Iheanacho can get a bit more time on the ball

Has 2 years left on his current deal so I imagine his contract situation would also start to be looked at by the club

*Also just noticed the "Adblocking Slimeball" tag I have been given lol, shall turn it off
Welcome Fox, thanks for the info. I thought he looked destined for the outs this summer, but he's doing well now.

That tag takes a while before it goes, not that I'd know personally, of course :cool:

I didnt even remember that till i just seen it, probably because they won lol, remember Carragher scoring 2ogs and going close to the hattrick v man utd more lol
I've got a mild contempt for Brighton, I'm south London by birth and there is something ingrained from being around Palace fans probably.

So, I have memories of them being absolute gifts for the RS that I use as fuel against them.

Welcome Fox, thanks for the info. I thought he looked destined for the outs this summer, but he's doing well now.

That tag takes a while before it goes, not that I'd know personally, of course :cool:
I really thought he would be gone this summer until these last few games, probably stay around and fight it out with whoever else comes in to be Vardys partner/number 2

It is going to be interesting what happens to our current system when Barnes and Maddison are back as realistically both of those have to start, and with his form you can't really drop Iheanacho, but he works better in a 2 so you can't really drop Vardy lol

And there is the ever obliging Leicester City, 1 goal in 26 games? Of course Greenwood scores ffs

If we win our game in hand we're both level on points, we both went out of the FA Cup in the same round, we went one round further in the EFL.

How's he done a better job so far exactly?

It’s West Ham. They finished 10 points behind us last season and only five points away from relegation, they then spent a net total of £3.4 million in the summer and are now competing for top 4 (or more realistically top 6)

We on the other hand spent a net total of £64m in summer despite finishing well ahead of them last year. Their improvement has been greater than ours whilst spending less therefore I think it’s fair to say that Moyes has done a better job than Ancelotti thus far. Does that mean I want to swap Ancelotti for Moyes ? Nope

I really thought he would be gone this summer until these last few games, probably stay around and fight it out with whoever else comes in to be Vardys partner/number 2

It is going to be interesting what happens to our current system when Barnes and Maddison are back as realistically both of those have to start, and with his form you can't really drop Iheanacho, but he works better in a 2 so you can't really drop Vardy lol

And there is the ever obliging Leicester City, 1 goal in 26 games? Of course Greenwood scores ffs
Coming in here with your problems of fitting in form, quality players into your side.

This is not something we are familiar with. But, obliging out of form strikers with goals, yes, we can identify there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back