Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's not always been the case but I was really talking about the situation now and more recent tournaments.

The nations league which I prefer hasn't been going that long but is far more competitive and provides better matches for Southgate's team.
Qualifying is a necessary part of international football. Italy didn't make the World Cup in 2018. It isn't always straightforward even when it seems like it should be.

I didn't say it wasn't.

What I said was I preferred the nations league and premium friendlies for the reasons I gave.
It feels like you're being very dismissive of qualifying, essentially saying it is a waste of time, and if that isn't your intention I apologize, but I disagree with that sentiment.

It feels like you're being very dismissive of qualifying, essentially saying it is a waste of time, and if that isn't your intention I apologize, but I disagree with that sentiment.

You seem to take argumentative to the next level. You can argue all you like but I won't be arguing with you anymore.

You seem to take argumentative to the next level. You can argue all you like but I won't be arguing with you anymore.
Fine, you also take English exceptionalism to a level not usually seen without the involvement of Nigel Farage. You all beat Albania 2-0 and you're sat here talking about how boring it is. Hopefully England don't get dropped to the B level or you'll be all out of luck with international footy right? Well that couldn't happen could it?

What I mean by premium friendlies are friendlies against the top sides in Europe as opposed to weaker teams

I just dont like the concept of friendlies because they totally devalue international football. Less is more as far as I see it. The more internationals are played then the more meaningless games there are, and international football becomes less relevant.

I would scrap the nations league too personally. The only games needed are qualifiers, tournaments and summer warm up friendlies.

Cricket could probably do with cutting back on fixtures too if they want to avoid ruining the spectacle. Its a similar issue. That period a few years back where there were 3 quick ashes series made the matches feel so small

Israel look really good at times but Scotland's more ponderous build-up may prevail in the end.

A draw is my bet. Who gives a flying .................

I just dont like the concept of friendlies because they totally devalue international football. Less is more as far as I see it. The more internationals are played then the more meaningless games there are, and international football becomes less relevant.

I would scrap the nations league too personally. The only games needed are qualifiers, tournaments and summer warm up friendlies.

Cricket could probably do with cutting back on fixtures too if they want to avoid ruining the spectacle. Its a similar issue. That period a few years back where there were 3 quick ashes series made the matches feel so small
Surely the NL has stopped pointless friendlies. I said in earlier post, the three group NL was good and created a bit of excitement and gives nations in the lower groups ie Scotland, a chance to get in the play offs.

Israel look really good at times but Scotland's more ponderous build-up may prevail in the end.

A draw is my bet. Who gives a flying .................
A while back I took my (then) young nieces and nephew to some movie, sat down and Henry said "I think we've taken some other people's seats" I replied "I couldn't give a monkey's f###".

...they all looked shocked lol

Fine, you also take English exceptionalism to a level not usually seen without the involvement of Nigel Farage. You all beat Albania 2-0 and you're sat here talking about how boring it is. Hopefully England don't get dropped to the B level or you'll be all out of luck with international footy right? Well that couldn't happen could it?
You dont understand Bro.

America is your life and you love USMTNTNTN, I bet you watch the birds as well.

"We" don't really care for International football, cos its zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back