Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think Arteta has been overhyped, however there are huge similarities between their situation and ours.

I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room because he’s a bad coach, I think it’s because too many of the players can’t be bothered adapting to his style.

It’s no coincidence that their best performances come when there are young, hungry lads at the core of the team. Take them out and you’re back where you started.

I think he’ll be a decent coach in time and I don’t think that joke club deserve him. Bin him now and get some mercenary manager in to finish the job.

FYI: This is not an “Arteta for Everton, one day” post. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Carlo lives forever.
Wage merchants like Aubameyang can't help either

Wage merchants like Aubameyang can't help either
Precisely that, mate. They’ve got a squad packed with expensive deadwood that they have to shift before they can make room for players who will fit the system. Sound familiar?

They shot themselves in the foot with his new deal, mind. If a player wants out, no matter how good he’s perceived to be, he’s got to go. That’s one thing SAF always seemed to understand.

Precisely that, mate. They’ve got a squad packed with expensive deadwood that they have to shift before they can make room for players who will fit the system. Sound familiar?

They shot themselves in the foot with his new deal, mind. If a player wants out, no matter how good he’s perceived to be, he’s got to go. That’s one thing SAF always seemed to understand.
Having made the same, if not worse, mistake recently with Ozil makes that contract inexcusable.

Klopp didn't want Salah.

It was their recruitment staff who signed him.

Very interesting, because he saw the same 45 minutes I saw. I didn't need to see anything else. Speed, touch, a goal and generally demanding a continuous accounting of where he was at all times.

It might have been easier to see just how much havoc he was wreaking from where I was, up behind Roma's goal, than down on the touchline.

We need to win against Palace for any hope of Europa spots

Not really. We need six wins from ten somehow. If two of those are West Ham and Tottenham, or if we pick up a bunch of draws, we might be able to get away with less.

That's a big burden to be dropping onto the shoulders of James.

Fabinho is clearly the most important player for the RS (reminds me of Makelele with Real Madrid before the Galacticos fell apart immediately after they scandalously let him go to Chelsea). He’s the anchor in midfield, and Thiago looks like Thiago when he’s got him alongside him. Kante at Leicester I also think was their most important player, as without him that defence of Morgan and Huth gets sliced open, and the attack doesn’t get the ball either.

Real Sociedad beat Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey final

probably the biggest Basque derby ever, huge shame there was no fans

Guttted for Athletic, really wanted them to win it, my fav team in La Liga.

Rare to see a club stick by principles even moreso when it's not to their benefit, they are basically playing football with one foot in only having Basque players in the team.

96, been close a few times, led a few times with 20mins to go then we lose,then conceeded that Injury time OG goal when Pienaar had the run late in the snow to put us 2-1 up

I liked when keeprs matched the rest of the team when it came to shorts and socks...ehen did that change? I know those days have been gone for a long time, but I dont recall ever getting the memo on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back