Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shearer and Micah Richards just voted Big Dunc the hardest player in Premier League history on one of those MOTD top 10 things, maybe a surprise with some of the ones listed and not listed for some

Shearer and Micah Richards just voted Big Dunc the hardest player in Premier League history on one of those MOTD top 10 things, maybe a surprise with some of the ones listed and not listed for some
Dunc is up there, but I’d have Stuart Pearce at #1 (both of them very likeable fellas too). Hard for me is someone who would take punishment without reacting. Dunc would react when he got provoked, Pearce didn’t flinch. He just got on with it. He also had the biggest impression on a young Roy Keane.

Speaking of Keane, he’s the most intense individual in the game. Having read his book he barely enjoyed football (something he regrets) as he was never satisfied. As a player this relentless drive made him a winner, and he drove teammates on around him, but it doesn’t work in management as the vast majority of players won’t respond to his intensity and constant critique. You just alienate players, and after he’d rubbished the performance of Fletcher and others on MUTV Fergie threw him out of the club when he was no longer useful as a player. If I’m picking a team to go into battle Keane is the first name on the team sheet.

Dunc is up there, but I’d have Stuart Pearce at #1 (both of them very likeable fellas too). Hard for me is someone who would take punishment without reacting. Dunc would react when he got provoked, Pearce didn’t flinch. He just got on with it. He also had the biggest impression on a young Roy Keane.

Speaking of Keane, he’s the most intense individual in the game. Having read his book he barely enjoyed football (something he regrets) as he was never satisfied. As a player this relentless drive made him a winner, and he drove teammates on around him, but it doesn’t work in management as the vast majority of players won’t respond to his intensity and constant critique. You just alienate players, and after he’d rubbished the performance of Fletcher and others on MUTV Fergie threw him out of the club when he was no longer useful as a player. If I’m picking a team to go into battle Keane is the first name on the team sheet.
Pat Van Den Hauwe played 18 games in the Premier League.

So the answer is him..

Guttted for Athletic, really wanted them to win it, my fav team in La Liga.

Rare to see a club stick by principles even moreso when it's not to their benefit, they are basically playing football with one foot in only having Basque players in the team.
Mine too. My best mate over here is massive fan.

Have to admit that La Real were the better team. Most of their players are from the region aswell.

John Aldridge was there first non Basque player. Kevin Richardson and Dalian Atkinson joined him at a time when they only signed foreigners or Basque players. Only a few years ago that they started signing non Basque Spaniards.

On a side note, Funny to see the king of Spain there last night. If fans had been allowed in the whole crowd would have booed the national anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back