Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very weird to me that you're so obsessed with potential miscarriages of justice to refuse strict action being taken, meanwhile footballers are subject to racial abuse on the regular. Its not rare. Its not hard to imagine it really happening.
Its is weird to me that that you could characterize posting a single message as "so obsessed".

More obsessively, it truly is bizarre to me that speculating that a footballer might simulate in order to gain an advantage is seen as being beyond the bounds of polite conversation.

I suppose that if ending racism is the only goal and everything else be damned is fine, then your approach makes sense.

People with adult experience will feel a bit apprehensive about that however.

Its is weird to me that that you could characterize posting a single message as "so obsessed".

More obsessively, it truly is bizarre to me that speculating that a footballer might simulate in order to gain an advantage is seen as being beyond the bounds of polite conversation.

I suppose that if ending racism is the only goal and everything else be damned is fine, then your approach makes sense.

People with adult experience will feel a bit apprehensive about that however.

You're a clown.

Do you treat everything as one extreme vs another? That's not something people with 'adult experience' would do.

'course it is, doesn't mean every allegation should result in instant belief.

I've asked a few times now - what should have happened to Juan Cala. Sent off? Banned from football? Based on the say-so of one other player?

Let me put it this way, if that did happen, if I were Juan Cala I'd be preparing one hell of a lawsuit.

I'm always against a 'believe the victim' approach. I'm very much 'believe the evidence'. There's too much desire for instant gratification over due process. I've asked a few times what else could they have done there, I don't think there's been an answer apart from "Valencia should have abandoned the game". If they did that, the burden of proof is on them, and I don't think they could have done that.
Yes he should have been sent off and had a suspension. Another player also heard it and called it "an ugly insult which I won't repeat" so there's your evidence.

Yes he should have been sent off and had a suspension. Another player also heard it and called it "an ugly insult which I won't repeat" so there's your evidence.

OK, that's your view, and my response would be if that had been done with just that evidence, Juan Cala would be well in his rights to sue and easily win millions for reputational harm.

Because that is an incredibly lightweight evidential burden to label someone outright as a racist with.

Afternoon lads. Just wondering what your thoughts are on Suarez?
Proven racist or Miscarriage of Justice?

1414404252_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Who should have been allowed to sue for damages?

Afternoon lads. Just wondering what your thoughts are on Suarez?
Proven racist or Miscarriage of Justice?

1414404252_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Who should have been allowed to sue for damages?
Suarez said he said it. So there is no question of fact.

There is the question of interpretation i.e. suarez says it doesn't mean anything bad.

Nobody is denying Suarez didn't say it.
Yet the whole RS Squad wore T-shirts to support the arguement that his racist abuse wasn't racist.

Does that make them all racist?
No, it makes them c-units. But we knew that. Like the royals and the powerful people letting nonces nonce around. They're not nonces themselves but they're deffo deplorable c words.

Woah. Just realised I'm in world football. Thought I was still in CAs. Peace out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back