Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the early years of the premier league the most exciting from a style standpoint...all action is how i recollect it anyway. That dominant Spain team with the tikitaka bored me to death and I dont like how the game has changed with so many imitators. City is different to that...someone said squeez r the life out of the game...i think that is about right.
2010 Spain was horrible to watch as effective as it was.

You can "read" about football in the 80s ?

Or "read" about a feeling of winning a european trophy and compare it to others views on winning a single derby?

Both views are utter nonsense.

We did win a european trophy you know...
I think "football was more competitive and allowed for more teams to have a chance at competing for trophies before 1992" is a reasonable viewpoint. I wouldn't call it utter nonsense at least.

My point was simply it looks great to be a City supporter, but a lot of the things that we love about supporting Everton right now will not exist if we hit that level of success. And while not a single person would turn down the opportunity to have the success they've had, there will still be some fans who look at us and how much happiness winning that single derby brought us and miss when they were able to be like that every week. We should be grateful for what we have now too.

I think "football was more competitive and allowed for more teams to have a chance at competing for trophies before 1992" is a reasonable viewpoint. I wouldn't call it utter nonsense at least.

My point was simply it looks great to be a City supporter, but a lot of the things that we love about supporting Everton right now will not exist if we hit that level of success. And while not a single person would turn down the opportunity to have the success they've had, there will still be some fans who look at us and how much happiness winning that single derby brought us and miss when they were able to be like that every week. We should be grateful for what we have now too.

The bolded part is bizarre...think of the clubs motto

The bolded part is bizarre...think of the clubs motto
Where did I say we shouldn't try to be the best we can be?

I just don't see the point in looking at other clubs enviously when there is plenty to love about our club and tons of great moments that have been provided to us even if we're many years removed from titles. And I think on a week to week basis we get more joy from the successes we do have than those supporters who get used to winning every week do. We'd have been made up to beat Palace. City would not have been. That means something to me.

That's the thing though for City it pretty much has always happened aside from in Europe so they just aren't at the same level.

I'm a Ravens fan. We're at a point right now where winning the Super Bowl is the goal. It doesn't mean that I don't care weekly and don't want to win weekly, but beating the Bengals this year or next year isn't going to mean nearly as much as the playoff games or the big games leading to the playoffs are. In the PL City are playing the Bengals all the time.

I'm too into this stuff to have the same feeling but the original point was just to say being a City fan isn't all that it seems it might be because the roller coaster isn't the same as it is with us. And I guess also to say I wish teams didn't have the ability to get too that point.
If you want a roller coaster then City have been up there with the very best.
And it's not recent. City won the league title in the 1930's then got relegated the following season after scoring the most goals!
In the 80's & 90's City were either relegated or promoted 5 years in a row. Trust me - being a City fans these days is everything it seems
to be and a lot more.

Where did I say we shouldn't try to be the best we can be?

I just don't see the point in looking at other clubs enviously when there is plenty to love about our club and tons of great moments that have been provided to us even if we're many years removed from titles. And I think on a week to week basis we get more joy from the successes we do have than those supporters who get used to winning every week do. We'd have been made up to beat Palace. City would not have been. That means something to me.

If you want a roller coaster then City have been up there with the very best.
And it's not recent. City won the league title in the 1930's then got relegated the following season after scoring the most goals!
In the 80's & 90's City were either relegated or promoted 5 years in a row. Trust me - being a City fans these days is everything it seems
to be and a lot more.

@PaulPowersTash

How would you compare these?

A: You beat United in a derby game for the first time in years

And...

B: You won the league title

And

C: Any of the following titles

@TheBigIguana seems to think its the same feeling if not 'A' is better...

For me its got to be B and C.

@PaulPowersTash

How would you compare these?

A: You beat United in a derby game for the first time in years

And...

B: You won the league title

And

C: Any of the following titles

@TheBigIguana seems to think its the same feeling if not 'A' is better...

For me its got to be B and C.
No discussion to be had. None.
If you win the title then the chances are you going to win at least one of the derby games anyway.

New deal for KDB.

Pep staying then.

He already signed a new deal until 2023 so still has 2 more years left thankfully - im hoping he sees of Klopp! Reckon if they sign Grealish and Haaland poor Klopp will begger of to the Germany job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back