Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-1 is a precarious lead with that lot

Still, they're 90 minutes away from not winning a single thing this season

Fingers crossed

You would like to think Madrid won't throw it away Mikey, saying that though it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the RS win 2-0 at Anfield and get through on the away goals rule.

He's absolutely the best thing about this god awful season. Week in week out he has given us laugh after laugh.... joyful watching. As someone has pointed out already, Cockwomble of the highest order - but he might just be my favorite Liverpool fan. He freaks out, yells at his team, nearly dies of a heart attack.....and then gives credit to other teams all the time. Love him.

Both Real and Liverpool have shown glimpses of being thorough garbo at times this season. The tie could still go either way. I’d be equally unsurprised at 5-0, 0-5 and 5-5 in the second leg.

If I was a gamblin’ man, though - and the years as a long-suffering blue with reds surrounding me on all sides might have swayed my perception here - I’d put a shiny quid on them going through. Probably 2-0 (the away goal feels like it’s going to play a part), probably with Real missing a 97th minute pen into the bargain.

I mean they arent even the current Champions of England, they have never won the CL, so what a crock of rubbish.

Everton were very successful in the 80s, I didn't find any of it boring.

But hey, at least your mate picked a different team, hope hes happy with his Arsenal support.
It isn't the 80s anymore. Back then teams were even enough that earning victories each week was a task. City do well to not let their level drop but they win an absurd number of matches without being really challenged. I wish it wasn't the case but we haven't had a proper title race where more than two clubs get to this point in contention since what 2009? I honestly think it is a shame that dominance is just accepted.

It isn't the 80s anymore. Back then teams were even enough that earning victories each week was a task. City do well to not let their level drop but they win an absurd number of matches without being really challenged. I wish it wasn't the case but we haven't had a proper title race where more than two clubs get to this point in contention since what 2009? I honestly think it is a shame that dominance is just accepted.
Its ok and honestly im not being an arsehole here, but you simply don't understand.

Its ok and honestly im not being an arsehole here, but you simply don't understand.
Which part? If you're talking about the part where only a few teams really compete yearly I think I do, the clubs with money aren't in a hurry to give up the privileges they enjoy because of it so nothing that gives the rest a chance can really ever happen.

Which part? If you're talking about the part where only a few teams really compete yearly I think I do, the clubs with money aren't in a hurry to give up the privileges they enjoy because of it so nothing that gives the rest a chance can really ever happen.
The part where you are born a City fan.

You spend your life following the club, it falls to the 3rd tier of English football, you think its all over, then suddenly you are 1 of the best teams in Europe sweeping up trophies.

That bit.

The part where you are born a City fan.

You spend your life following the club, it falls to the 3rd tier of English football, you think its all over, then suddenly you are 1 of the best teams in Europe sweeping up trophies.

That bit.
I think I do get that, doesn't mean there aren't casuals who are not just turned off by the team being terrible but also by it being too easy.

I just would really like some kind of football competition where there is both a high level of play and a chance that from year to year a new team might emerge and have their run. Right now we're getting a few teams just rotating dominance basically across Europe.

I think I do get that, doesn't mean there aren't casuals who are not just turned off by the team being terrible but also by it being too easy.

I just would really like some kind of football competition where there is both a high level of play and a chance that from year to year a new team might emerge and have their run. Right now we're getting a few teams just rotating dominance basically across Europe.
I get that some people arent born, they choose, hell there's loads of FOREN Everton fans on here who live and breathe the club as much as people who were
born. I think what I'm trying to say is that your mates a bellend.

I would honestly hate to follow the Murican model, sure it means everybody has a chance every year, but that just punishes people who get ahead, in the 80s Everton got ahead, then in the 2000s United did, now City, before that Forest had their chance and some other no mark team from Merseyside also.

Liverpool won the Title in January last year, this year City have done the same, that's football and I wouldn't change it for anything and I say that as a fan of a club that hasn't done a bean for the majority of my life. I don't want a level playing field, I don't want a foot up, I want us to achieve things by achieving them and not have them handed to us, if that means we do nothing again, so be it.

They’re not actual fans then. They’re people from other countries picking a team out of the 20 they like the most probably based on kit colour or one player they’ve seen on TV one time.

They’re not actual fans then. They’re people from other countries picking a team out of the 20 they like the most probably based on kit colour or one player they’ve seen on TV one time.
I'm honestly not going to even disagree with that. But they're a part of sports now however you view them because it is just very accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back