Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madrid were being picked off in midfeild all night. I cant believe how uncompetitive they were in there.

City are a different beast.

Unless Mendy in goal for Chelsea has the game of his life I simply cant see past City.

City v Chelsea at the weekend might be interesting!

Chelsea did just scalp them in the FA Cup.

I would imagine that the game this weekend will be two managers not wanting to tip their hands. Tuchel will have to show more to avoid having to go double or nothing in Istanbul.

Madrid were being picked off in midfeild all night. I cant believe how uncompetitive they were in there.

Unless Mendy in goal for Chelsea has the game of his life I simply cant see past City.

What makes you say that lmao?

Aside from KDB, Chelsea's starting 11 is just as good as Man City's starting 11 man for man.

I would imagine that the game this weekend will be two managers not wanting to tip their hands. Tuchel will have to show more to avoid having to go double or nothing in Istanbul.
When it really matters City have the players to blow Chelsea away.

I really rate Tuchel and have for a long time. He's completely driven and knows how to set up.

IMO though, this is a season too early for them with the top prizes. They'll be City's main challenger in the PL in the next few years.

BTW, I got slaughtered for saying at the start of the season that Chelsea were a very good bet to come through and challenge. They have the quality youngsters to build on and the transfer ban was played to their advantage.

Finally, I give credit to Lampard for bringing this team together and believing in the younger players.

Last edited:

Can we just remember that Pep rested Mahrez, Foden, Gundogan, B. Silva, Stones, Walker and Ederson for the FA Cup semi final. Adding to that De Bruyne left the field on 48 minutes with an injury. City win this final, I guarantee it.

Cos they're on their last legs. That whole team is.

When it really matters City have the players to b low Chelsea away.

I eally rate Tucheland have for a long time. He's completely driven and knows how to set up.

IMO though, this is a season too ea]rly for them with the top prizes. They'll be City's main challenger in the PL in the next few years.

BTW, I git slaughtered for saying at the start of the season that Chelsea were a very good bet to come through and challenge. They have the quality youngsters to build on and the transfer ban was played to their advantage.

Finally, I give credit to Lampard for bringing this team together and believing in the younger players.

I think that the general consensus at the beginning of the season was that Chelsea had the horses, but they had questions at the back and in the big chair.

Keeping Lampard on may have worked out for them in that he did play the kids, which gives Tuchel more of a squad to work with.

The big advantage that City has is that Chelsea's upcoming fixture load and intensity works against them. On the other hand, you could argue that they're deep enough to deal with it and that it will keep them sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back