• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The VAR official couldn't have noticed the deflection with the first penalty or he would have corrected Oliver, or if he did wasn't up to date on the new interpretation in force.

Premier League players will be allowed extra leeway when it comes to ricocheted handballs. It is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball if it has deflected off the body of an opponent, team-mate, or even another part of the own player.

So a handball will not be awarded if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/nearby.

I think thats true except if the arm has made the body unaturally bigger, which it clearly had in Koch's case.

When was the last time a team went toe to toe with Liverpool at Anfield in PL? Only Man City ever do it

Toe to toe with Liverpool and poor officiating favouring them

Obviously the deflection on the first pen was missed by referee Michael Oliver who pointed to the penalty spot after Mohamed Salah's effort struck the hand of debutant Robin Koch. Then it's up to the VAR official to correct it and here is where the poor officiating occured.

Despite that effort taking a significant deflection against Koch's leg, the decision was upheld by VAR.

Even Carragher was not affected by his allegiances to them when giving his verdict on the decision though, stating Leeds should feel hard done by.

In fact, the rules suggest that there was a significant error made by the officials in Leeds' opening Premier League fixture as they read: "Premier League players will be allowed extra leeway when it comes to ricocheted handballs.

"It is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball if it has deflected off the body of an opponent, team-mate or even another part of the own player.

"So a handball will not be awarded if the ball touches a player's hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/nearby."

Liverpool were always going to win that. Had a lot of chances and Leeds looked very weak at the back.

The praise from Leeds is going to be abit over the top isn't it ? They've got a maverick manager who hasn't really done anything..but go on and overhype them hipsters..What I saw is a team who are going to ultimately fail, regardless of their interesting tactics

They got battered but had a couple of bright spots against an half arsed RS.

Absolutely kamikaze defending though

saying it now, they won't win the league this season

Ive said previously Id be surprised if they won it again. I don't think the team is full of serial winners. They more than likely feel like theyve done the job, there's no fire to do it again. Hence if one of the big boys came in for a Salah or Mane, they'd more than likely make the move.

They looked exactly like they did at the restart...half arsed.

They need a little bit of life injected into them. Which is why they need a signing, especially in midfield to mix it up.

I think thats true except if the arm has made the body unaturally bigger, which it clearly had in Koch's case.

The clarification was inserted after UEFA changed their rules to stop this occuring following Sissoko's handball in the final against Liverpool, now the prem have also changed to reflect it.

Note the accidental deflection has to be of the defender's own body not an opponent's to be disallowed.

It should have been here but unfortunately wasn't.

Classic case of selective memory here mate :D

Obviously last season was crap, and there was another one where we didn't get one till the last game but check back though the seasons in the link below and we do get more penalties then it feels like.

Ha ha.

Not having a very good day for getting my facts right

I recall Rooney getting a few for us in the Koeman Allardyce era but otherwise I'm shocked by those figures

They are.
It doesn’t take very long and given the reasons behind it I don’t see any reason why it shouldn't continue on.
There’s also talk of giving women the vote.

For me politics should be kept out of football or at the very least leave it behind with last season.

Why doesnt the league do something for gay rights, womens right, genocides around the globe? Where does it end?

Games becoming completely Americanised, add in water breaks and daft wages we'll have half time floats soon and cup finals lasting 5 hours.

For me politics should be kept out of football or at the very least leave it behind with last season.

Why doesnt the league do something for gay rights, womens right, genocides around the globe? Where does it end?

Games becoming completely Americanised, add in water breaks and daft wages we'll have half time floats soon and cup finals lasting 5 hours.

Dont worry Sky Spurts have an old fat black vegan lesbian ex footballer in a wheelchair with 45 buttons on her collar with all the slogans and they have ticked all the boxes

A load of kids wouldn't have got school dinners if that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back