Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
£15 a game is far too steep. I'd happily buy some sort of gamepass, but that would work out at £570 for a season if you paid 38 games.

They will eventually go too far with the cost of football on TV and that's when the bubble will burst.

It seems the pressure to reverse this is now making it unsustainable, I would now fully expect a reversal before the next premier league fixture in about a week's time.

It seems the pressure to reverse this is now making it unsustainable, I would now fully expect a reversal before the next premier league fixture in about a week's time.

Exactly this. It does once again show just how the PL treat the fans with total contempt.
What did they expect? Everyone to say 'that's a great idea!'. The greed & avarice of the PL
is breathtaking. The game really did sell it's soul to the devil when it was created.

Exactly this. It does once again show just how the PL treat the fans with total contempt.
What did they expect? Everyone to say 'that's a great idea!'. The greed & avarice of the PL
is breathtaking. The game really did sell it's soul to the devil when it was created.

The timing, coming straight after the end of the transfer window and rather too coincidentally alongside demands for s premier league bail out of the lower leagues, conveniently but absolutely absurdly, supplies a sort of pseudo justification of everyone pulling together to help out the whole game of football. Any justification however soon unravels when considering the obscene amounts paid for player transfers and contracts by the same clubs and in the light of such gross unfairness to the fans.

With large parts of the country just about to go into lockdown, or partial lockdown, with all the mental and financial hardship that necessarily entails, to then be asked to fork out such ludicrous sums per game couldn't be more wrong. It's not just the timing that's out, it's any sense of justice or fair dealing with loyal supporters that has been thrown away too.

Been watching this game, not having a clue why they were so bad, but not sure about this 15 point thing shes saying if that is true or just an excuse

Just reading about the latest transfer news.

Amazing how Chelsea are still allowed to operate the way they do. Remember Marco van ginkel? Apparantly he is still a Chelsea player and he is back off to psv on loan, as well as another lad who I swear must be in his 20s but never kicked a ball for Chelsea.

When a club is loaning out like 20 players a season , surely something should be done. Especially when they make up first teams all over Europe.

Edit- he has been a Chelsea player for 7 seasons and signed a new 1 year contract in June. Played a grand total of 2 games for chelsea.

Ridiculous how that lad has wasted his career.

West Ham closing in on Benrahma from Brentford

Reading the Josh King one looks to have fallen through, so Benrahma now the only target. Moyes always operates with a target man in Antonio, with Haller in reserve and the wider midfield men in Musuaku and especially the bang in form Bowen getting up to support. Yarmalenko and Felipe Anderson are the wider men out of favour atm, so Benrahma looks a decent fit to strengthen.

They seem to be building a decent team and playing some really good counter attacking stuff atm and have done smazingly well to turn it around after a faltering start. Hammering Wolves and Leicester must have them really buzzing. Their next three continue their nightmare run but having easily won their last two, what looks tough on paper hasn't always turned out that way for them.

Very impressed with them recently, midtable at worst for me. (The next three very, very tough so may have a temporary dip)

West Ham closing in on Benrahma from Brentford

Reading the Josh King one looks to have fallen through, so Benrahma now the only target. Moyes always operates with a target man in Antonio, with Haller in reserve and the wider midfield men in Musuaku and especially the bang in form Bowen getting up to support. Yarmalenko and Felipe Anderson are the wider men out of favour atm, so Benrahma looks a decent fit to strengthen.

They seem to be building a decent team and playing some really good counter attacking stuff atm and have done smazingly well to turn it around after a faltering start. Hammering Wolves and Leicester must have them really buzzing. Their next three continue their nightmare run but having easily won their last two, what looks tough on paper hasn't always turned out that way for them.

Very impressed with them recently, midtable at worst for me. (The next three very, very tough so may have a temporary dip)

West Ham are crap.

Just reading about the latest transfer news.

Amazing how Chelsea are still allowed to operate the way they do. Remember Marco van ginkel? Apparantly he is still a Chelsea player and he is back off to psv on loan, as well as another lad who I swear must be in his 20s but never kicked a ball for Chelsea.

When a club is loaning out like 20 players a season , surely something should be done. Especially when they make up first teams all over Europe.

Edit- he has been a Chelsea player for 7 seasons and signed a new 1 year contract in June. Played a grand total of 2 games for chelsea.

Ridiculous how that lad has wasted his career.

Whilst i agree, the problem is how do you put that in place? For example, they could look at us with pennington, garbutt, mcaleney and say "you've had guys in their mid 20's with only a handful of appearances between them".

We can't say ah it's because they're crap when we hand them out new contracts.

The player can leave at any time really so I'm not sure there's much that can be done, other than having a limit on how many players one club can loan out at one time and maybe another limit with 1 loan deal max between two clubs like they do in the prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back