Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at that League shows how tight everything is, we messed up big time yesterday, Arsenal are bottom half but only four points off top
Everyone will be believing they can go top or joint top before we play Newcastle.

1-5 isn't strong, 6-15 are quality. The table is going to be a hawt mess the whole season. An occasional L is gonna happen, just don't go into a swoon and you'll compete for at the very least a C-league spot.

At what point do Burnley fans say enough of this garbage football? Sure in year 1 and maybe even year 2 its still fun, you are a prem club yea yea yea and you stay up by any means necessary. But is year ??? and it feels like year 20 for the rest of us. Nothing has changed they are still slogging for pts. Wouldn't you be happier as a fan in the championship?

Even Fat Sam while playing GravyFartz footie brought in guys like Jay-Jay Inelka, and Campo and it was watchable. Sheff Utd is defensive, but they are trying to be better offensively, as they haven't lucked out on finding a target man yet but they do some innovative stuff and can play the ball on the ground.
Stoke played ale house footy.
Long throw ins etc.

Then tried to play footy and got relagated.

And their owners are brewsters, so I’d say Burnley will try and stay up as long as they can and aren’t arsed about the style of play.

I don't much rate Arsenal but they have had quite a hard start to the season, especially compared to the teams who Spurs have played, so I think they could also push for a top 4 spot.

Stoke played ale house footy.
Long throw ins etc.

Then tried to play footy and got relagated.

And their owners are brewsters, so I’d say Burnley will try and stay up as long as they can and aren’t arsed about the style of play.

they are Burnley, they are going to get relegated sooner or later.

As a fan of throwball I never minded Delap, at least his throws were interesting in a we can do something different that no one else can kinda way. LOL he was the most exciting player on the club, I wish some of our wide players over the years could cross the ball 1/2 as good as his throws.

no ones asking Burnley to be Leeds or anything, no ones asking them to try to outpass the RS and go down 4-0 in 20 min like Norwich does. But do something, get a burner or 2 on the flanks and play counter or something.

I don't much rate Arsenal but they have had quite a hard start to the season, especially compared to the teams who Spurs have played, so I think they could also push for a top 4 spot.

Youse shoul just play with defenders and have Kane and Son in mid/attack. That partnership is lethal.

An interesting point made by Pep’s during his pre match press conference yesterday when talking about injuries. He said that he’d just seen some stats that show there are 47% more muscle injuries to Premier League players right now than this stage last year. With the amount of games being played I can only see it getting worse.

An interesting point made by Pep’s during his pre match press conference yesterday when talking about injuries. He said that he’d just seen some stats that show there are 47% more muscle injuries to Premier League players right now than this stage last year. With the amount of games being played I can only see it getting worse.

I make you right actually. There has not been a proper pre-season really of any note. I do also think this is going to become turbo charged for sides playing European games. It is certainly going to make the league a lot more interesting, and players approaching 30 may really struggle to get fit.

If Spurs win the league i will give up and finally work out how Cricket works

Cricket

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back