• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football - 2024/25 Season

Just had a long Summer of the Euros, 2 games into the new season and we're already at an international break. Cracking :)
Agree totally, but think this one might have come at a good time for us, as I’m quite looking forward to no Everton for a few weeks tbh.

Seriously though, Branthwaite can get fit and back in the side, I think Myko and Tarkowski are playing injured so hopefully they can get sorted out, and I hope we work the new signings into things more so they can start playing matches for us, obvs that means the manager must pick them.

Agree totally, but think this one might have come at a good time for us, as I’m quite looking forward to no Everton for a few weeks tbh.

Seriously though, Branthwaite can get fit and back in the side, I think Myko and Tarkowski are playing injured so hopefully they can get sorted out, and I hope we work the new signings into things more so they can start playing matches for us, obvs that means the manager must pick them.

Oh it's good for us and other teams that need more training time and for injured players but still, it's just crap, I don't want a break, season's just kicked off give me football.

Oh it's good for us and other teams that need more training time and for injured players but still, it's just crap, I don't want a break, season's just kicked off give me football.
Spot on mate, stupid internationals and the timing are a joke. Also, we shouldn’t be in the position to need a break but here we are.

Plenty of football still out there to go and watch live.

If you can't get out to watch lower league football live then Sky are now showing all League One/Two games live, even 3pm games, during the International break.

Jimmy Garners a better player though? right lads?:lol:

I think it was more a case of the situation required a type of player that Garner was over Onana. This is one of those situations where a player is good but not good enough for the situation, he will have a lot more freedom and patience at Villa because of where they were last season and more than likely this season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back