Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jese is asked by BT Sport, via a translator, if this was a dream debut: "Yes, yes. Coming here from Spain I realise the Premier League is tough and it's great to get the first win of the season.

"Nothing comes easy in football. Stoke are a historic club and I'm really looking forward to getting involved with the lads.

"It's a great opportunity for me. They've got a lot of great players."

lovely lies there from jese
One of the oldest clubs in English footy though, isn't it

But like he knows that...

love wenger's moaning.

constantly citing back to an offside a goal which should have counted .... replays shows it was offside, not that that would make a difference in his eyes. The man who never sees anything can apparently see a close offside call from his bench seat.

Then started going on about penalties their rivals get vs them haha

He's a fantastic goalscorer; but a poor forward.

You will never agree with that point of view because you see goals as the be all end all of what a striker needs to do in the modern game. You're demonstrably wrong in thinking that, but you can hold whatever opinion you like.

He was largely terrible today, but you won't see it that way simply because he scored a glorified tap in. So be it.

And yet United won 4-0 away from home in the premier league, with Lukaku's goal killing the game, opening the floodgates at the end. They won 4-0 last week as well, with his goals killing the game for United before it got going.

It's almost as if Lukaku's goalscoring ability is infinitely more important to the team he plays for than how well he traps a football. Almost as though you're blowing the importance of his all-round game wildly out of proportion for some reason.

But wait a minute. That would mean that you are wrong. Is that allowed?

And yet United won 4-0 away from home in the premier league, with Lukaku's goal killing the game, opening the floodgates at the end. They won 4-0 last week as well, with his goals killing the game for United before it got going.

It's almost as if Lukaku's goalscoring ability is infinitely more important to the team he plays for than how well he traps a football. Almost as though you're blowing the importance of his all-round game wildly out of proportion for some reason.

I happily admit when I'm wrong. You should know that by now. I have no desire or need to go 'davek' on any given issue.

However, I very much doubt I am on this one.

Oh, and it's much more than "how well he traps a ball". It's his off the ball movement and ability to intelligently link with supporting players that's badly lacking, which is critical at elite level. Two games against what will be relegation candidates, where he's actually been poor, doesn't change that. Indeed, his performances thus far have just reinforced the obvious for me - let's see what happens as the season progresses.

WOW!

DHnCHs6XgAA2_mI.jpg

The thing with it is that the team has to be at a certain level for that to be ok. Everton weren't at the level for his faults to be covered up United might just be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back