Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's game management really, Spurs grew as the game went on, but honestly, i always thought that we were in control of the match, Spurs were limited to shots from outside the box, and we missed 2-3 clear cut chances our selves too, so i am very satisfied with our performance considering we were missing 3-4 starters

Did you go to the match mate?

Eriksen doesn't get the numbers you would want from a player in that position for me.
Didn't I see a stat that said he had more goals and assists (combined) than any other midfielder in the Premier over the last 2 seasons. I think Gylfi was second. Or did I dream that?

Not sure what better numbers you could ask for from that position. Think he has 3 assists from 2 matches already this season.

If someone wins tomorrow night there will be zero draws in the PL this weekend, wonder when the last time that happened was.
That's a good question. Given the odds for a draw are usually priced between 15 and 20%, and 10 games are played/week, you'd reckon it to be very rare.

Heard in the alehouse there about Alonso's murky past, almost feel like someone like him shouldn't be getting the great life he has after he destroyed so many others.

It's a moral dilemma, should a criminal be able to earn money after they serve their sentence? For me yes, but should they be able to enjoy the life he is after committing such a heinous crime? It sticks in my craw.

I think he should be allowed a normal life after the incident. Even though he was drunk etc; there was never any intentional element. Even though you reasonably know that you shouldn't drink etc. He never wanted it to happen. He'll be haunted by it his entire life anyway. Would be another story if he does it again etc ofc.

It's more difficult when you take a case like the one of Ilombe Mboyo. Footballer, who when he was 17 gang-raped (with his gang) a 14 year old girl. Ended up in prison, did a rehabilitation program etc in prison; turned out he was a good footballer so ended up playing for some good clubs in Belgium. He could have gone to West-Ham but they asked the West Ham fans; if they would have a problem with his transfer (fans said yes; so no transfer for him). He played 2 times for the Belgian national team; resulted in a huge debate. Eventually he ended up going to somewhere in Switzerland to make a lot of money. He's 30 now; reckon he's still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back