Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

37m4iYX.gif

What's with the pink away shirts?

Strange defending.

So basically they have to win against Slovenia, can't be that hard. Slovakia will win against Malta; so Slovenia will probably be a bit disappointed and underperform because they have blown it.

Re the pink shirts - when I first saw Scotland playing in them I thought it was an extension of the "wear pink" charity displays that were often glimpsed a couple of years ago.
I suppose the colour is based on some Scots wild flower. Otherwise I cannot think of any reason why they are turning out in pink shirts. It's no' verra manly ye ken?

CONMEBOL action was bonkers tonight.

10 teams, 5 matches, 7 teams still pushing for qualification. Matinee of Brazil v Bolivia (Brazil through, Bolivia trash) 0-0, as goes Venezuela v Uruguay.

Remaining three matches, featuring six teams still in the hunt and with nothing decided, proceed.

Chile hosting Ecuador
Colombia hosting Paraguay
Argentina hosting Peru

Through 77 minutes of action, the only goal is Chile, 1-0.

Next five minutes, as seen in Colombia...

Colombia scores, 1-0, 79th minute
Ecuador equalize, 1-1

Colombia is now sitting in 2nd place in CONMEBOL, looking good.

Chile score 2-1, leapfrog Argentina and Peru into 4th.

Paraguay score, 1-1, dropping Colombia

Paraguay score, 1-2, dropping Colombia to 4th.

Argentina and Peru goalless draw.

So after tonight, Uruguay are all but officially in, barring losing at home like 0-12 to 9th Bolivia

Chile travel to Brazil, looking for points. Brazil is home, but 10 points clear of 2nd.

Colombia, 4th with 26 points, travel to Peru, 5th with 25.

Argentina, 6th with 25 points, travel to now eliminated Ecuador.

Meanwhile, Paraguay, who were on life support with 5 minutes left tonight, still in 7th, look to still have a shot to leapfrog into 3rd host Venezuela, the worst team in the confederation.

Amazing how much 12 minutes changed the outlook of the entire confederation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back