• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned on a previous thread how I'm not sold on this video assistant.

That just adds to it

It's the referee at fault not the tech. If you give the ref all the tools and he still gets it wrong the solution isn't to bin the tools, it's to improve the standard of refereeing.

It's the referee at fault not the tech. If you give the ref all the tools and he still gets it wrong the solution isn't to bin the tools, it's to improve the standard of refereeing.

I don't mind the use, it's the implementation. At the moment it'll bring back the who shouts at the ref more to get their own way.

To me the ref should use it only when he's not 100% and refer to an assistant who's watching it.

The ref should be able to carry on as normal. If he misses something, it goes to review after (as it is now). Not in game

Last edited:
What an incompetent/or influenced ref.

If they are going to use VAR like that Fellaini shouldn't be worried.

That's what it seems like in this method. The bigger the team, the more vocal side, the more intimidated the ref will get.

I don't mind the use, it's the implementation. At the moment it'll bring back the who shouts at the ref more to get their own way.

To me the ref should use it only when he's not 100% and refer to an assistant who's watching it.

The ref should be able to carry on as normal. If he misses something, it goes to review after (as it is now). Not in game

Yeah the implementation isn't great. But when do FIFA ever do things intelligently or swiftly?

The ref shouldn't be trotting out to the side to watch it in front of everyone. Let some behind closed doors refs review and judge it and tell him what really happened.

Yeah the implementation isn't great. But when do FIFA ever do things intelligently or swiftly?

The ref shouldn't be trotting out to the side to watch it in front of everyone. Let some behind closed doors refs review and judge it and tell him what really happened.

Yep.

From this and the under 19s that used it, it makes refs uneasy in their decisions. You wouldn't want them relying on it.

If the ref gives a peno for a dive for eg, then it's the ref that thought it was a foul. The only time he'll get unsure is when a squad run up and intimidate him saying he's wrong. Then he'll go to the video. Shouldn't be like that.

Yep.

From this and the under 19s that used it, it makes refs uneasy in their decisions. You wouldn't want them relying on it.

If the ref gives a peno for a dive for eg, then it's the ref that thought it was a foul. The only time he'll get unsure is when a squad run up and intimidate him saying he's wrong. Then he'll go to the video. Shouldn't be like that.

Part of me thinks FIFA are intentionally botching it so they can just say "nope, it doesn't work", and not have to bother.

Part of me thinks FIFA are intentionally botching it so they can just say "nope, it doesn't work", and not have to bother.

You never know.

You just don't want who shouts loudest gets what they want with the replay.

Klopp will be chewing the refs face off every game. And Jose would have a field day.

I see Chile have hired John Stones as a defence consultant. They must be proud of the goal, takes hours of training to be able to mess around when you're the last man without the instinct to boot it off the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back