• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually feel pretty sad after watching that Best documentary. He brought a bit of light into the lives of so many in Belfast at a time when Belfast was in chaos, but just such a waste of talent. Real sad show.

Video refs.
1. Won't break up the play.
2. Will improve decision making.
3.Will not be abused by players continually asking for a video review.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

NO!

i don't understand how those in charge of football or so dim whitted when it comes to introducing new laws. Why do they take so long and are so stupid about it all? I remember cricket bringing in video technology and just went straight in with it and all the laws were set up perfectly, so much so they haven't changed.

Football though, something as simple as goaline technology, it should have been a two minute conversation and implemented straight away in all the major leagues and tournaments. It's been a proven success, yet they're still faffing around with extra officals behind in the goal in one competition, other competitions don't use it at all. It's utterly laughable how incompetent everyone is.

The idea of video refs is totally the right decision, but they obviously haven't gone into the tournament with full confidence. Why can't they just leave the video ref to make the decision whilst play is still going on? Like the lions match the other day with SB Williams' red card, play was continuing until the ref could stop as the video ref had already had a look. In football, they're too scared about the "what if's" that may follow. In rugby they'll just pull the play back to the incident and re-start from there. Football, they believe you have to stop the play, the ref has to run 70 yards across the pitch to have a look at an ipad (no doubt there'll be an incident one day where the screen will have run out of battery (probably during a RS game) and the ref wil just have to shrug his shoulders and say in-direct free kick).

went to the Philadelphia Union game today, enjoyed it, they won 3-0 and played some good stuff. I was pleasantly surprised

Probably best in here as no Everton involvement. Tom Davies's mates in the under 19s won their opening game in the U19 euros, beating Bulgaria 2-0. Goals from Chelsea's Mason Mount and Ryan Sessegnon. They play Holland in the second game on Thursday, who surprisingly beat Germany 4-1 in the other game today.

England are fancied to do well in this competition which will round off a very successful summer for our youth teams in the various tournaments.

i don't understand how those in charge of football or so dim whitted when it comes to introducing new laws. Why do they take so long and are so stupid about it all? I remember cricket bringing in video technology and just went straight in with it and all the laws were set up perfectly, so much so they haven't changed.

Football though, something as simple as goaline technology, it should have been a two minute conversation and implemented straight away in all the major leagues and tournaments. It's been a proven success, yet they're still faffing around with extra officals behind in the goal in one competition, other competitions don't use it at all. It's utterly laughable how incompetent everyone is.

The idea of video refs is totally the right decision, but they obviously haven't gone into the tournament with full confidence. Why can't they just leave the video ref to make the decision whilst play is still going on? Like the lions match the other day with SB Williams' red card, play was continuing until the ref could stop as the video ref had already had a look. In football, they're too scared about the "what if's" that may follow. In rugby they'll just pull the play back to the incident and re-start from there. Football, they believe you have to stop the play, the ref has to run 70 yards across the pitch to have a look at an ipad (no doubt there'll be an incident one day where the screen will have run out of battery (probably during a RS game) and the ref wil just have to shrug his shoulders and say in-direct free kick).
With the likes of Blatter in charge probably would have taken a huge wedge to change the rules

Just watching a George Best documentary on bbc2 here, and it's cracking.

But what's interesting is the little clips of commentary. Liverpool aren't getting mentioned. All about us. Talking about United's "traditional rivals Everton" and "United's title rivals Everton."

Let's bring that back.

I watched that, well worth watching, found it a bit emotional.

Celtic fans hopefully won't travel, otherwise stuffs kicking off

Tbh I don't think there would be trouble even if celtic fans do come. Lots of hysteria in the media but this isn't 1970s belfast anymore. Even Linfield (the worst offenders) have knocked all the crap on the head in recent years. Hopefully its a good game, and good publicity for the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back