• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
England U19s v Holland live on Eurosport 2 now. Wasn't advertised earlier in the week so surprised to see it on now. 0-0 approaching half time. Holland beat Germany 4-1 in opening game but sounds like it's been all England up until now.

England U19s beat Holland 1-0 to top group on 6 points from first 2 games. The game was a lot easier than the result showed with England dominant for long periods and creating numerous good chances. Substitute Brereton with a somewhat fortunate winning goal about 5 minutes from time. A lot of fine individual skill on show from the English lads and if they ever learnt how to play as a team they'd be unstoppable. Ryan Sessegnon was given MOM but I was more impressed by the Chalobah lad from Chelsea and Liverpool's right back Stirling (not sure if any relation) who was frighteningly good going forward.

They play Germany in the final group game on Sunday and a win will see them miss Portugal in the semis who appear to be the better of the teams in what seems a weaker second group.

Who needs Tom Davies. Definitely overrated.:)

I can tell by his breathing that's cardiac. [Poor language removed]. Really bad.

Though I did try to resuscitate a drunk once, but joking aside he's in trouble.
With all the tests they do, especially given the lad will have just gone through pre-season, how does this still happen? Just a sudden blockage/rupture?

Thank goodness they have defibrillators at grounds now but just surprises me of how many cases like this there are.

With all the tests they do, especially given the lad will have just gone through pre-season, how does this still happen? Just a sudden blockage/rupture?

Thank goodness they have defibrillators at grounds now but just surprises me of how many cases like this there are.
It's pretty hard to identify. I haven't looked at an acute ECG in about 6 years, but people with obvious arrhythmias are already known about- fainted in school ECT. It may never happen again, or he was always susceptible & we wouldn't of known unless he did a cardiovacularly demanding job- which bring an athlete is. Thankfully he's stable in hospital. :)

In essence it's the electrical wiring of the heart misfiring- cocaine, caffeine, a fright- can do it to some- for others there's a structural problem with the heart.
If the heart doesn't contract in an organised fashion- you don't pump enough blood out.

Not a medical professional myself but I've had a few close family members die of sudden cardiac failures/complications; many are undetectable.

Obviously there are the issues which accrue overtime due to poor diet etc, but some simply will happen unexpectedly and without prior signs.

I had a few severe chest pains a few months ago and was worried it was my heart. Doctor pretty much explained that one day it may just give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back