Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are bricking it. They wanted Bayern and got the giant of world football.

Absolutely, they’ll be fuming at that. The Kopite arrogance would have fancied themselves to have a better ‘big game’ temperament than Bayern. Now they’re up against the team who are the embodiment of big game mentality.

Anyone who has annual leave free would be well advised to take a fortnight in Vladivostok starting the day before the champions league.

Real Madrid have deteriorated massively in the last 12 months.

Liverpool will blow them off the pitch.

None of PSG Bayern or Juve did....

Liverpool will give Madrid problems, they are not that good.

I'm a big Bayern fan as my father's side of the family is Bavarian and all support them. I hate saying it when it feels like every year they lose to Madrid, but Bayern were the better side for the 2 games besides finishing.

This is just the fan in me venting and he scored a great goal so I feel conflicted, but Rodriguez, what the hell was that.

I won't even be watching the final because I hate liverpool, I hate Madrid. Maybe Roma can make something happen, but I don't even care for Italian sides at all really.

Also that was a handball at the end of the first half.

They are bricking it. They wanted Bayern and got the giant of world football.

Madrid is dysfunctional and although a good team, not as good as years past.

They can counter great, but the pressing can give them fits.

That's the Liverpool that'll end up 4th in this league and just lost points to WBA and Stoke?

Ok.

Problem is Liverpool have got results against all the top teams, teams who try to play against them..... Weaker teams are happy to sit back and frustrate Liverpool.... Its hard to run at teams who sit deep.. Madrid will be open and attack Liverpool, which plays right into Liverpools hands.....and as bad as Liverpool are defensively, Madrid are worse

Teams Liverpool have ‘blown away’ this season:

Arsenal at home
City at home twice (fortuitous offsides aside)
Porto away
Roma at home
Dross teams in the prem bottom 13

Teams they haven’t ‘blown away’

Spurs home and away
United home and away
Arsenal away
City away
Chelsea at home
Sevilla home and away
Everton three times
West Brom three times

Teams that haven’t ‘blown away’ Real Madrid this season:

PSG
Juventus
Bayern

Liverpool are a good team and capable of winning as Madrid do have weaknesses but claiming that they are favourites for some sort of cricket score win is bizarre. There’s no evidence for it at all. Klopp’s Liverpool is historically worse outside of Anfield. Real will be wary but will consider it an easier chance to win it than the last three they have won.

Liverpool will give Madrid problems, they are not that good.

I'm a big Bayern fan as my father's side of the family is Bavarian and all support them. I hate saying it when it feels like every year they lose to Madrid, but Bayern were the better side for the 2 games besides finishing.

This is just the fan in me venting and he scored a great goal so I feel conflicted, but Rodriguez, what the hell was that.

I won't even be watching the final because I hate liverpool, I hate Madrid. Maybe Roma can make something happen, but I don't even care for Italian sides at all really.

Also that was a handball at the end of the first half.
Madrid have seen off many teams over the years who felt that. They swim in the tears of the vanquished.

None of PSG Bayern or Juve did....
If Bayern had Liverpool's strike force, they would have hockeyed Real. Real were dire and they were poor in Germany and poor in both legs against Juve.

Juve and Bayern were the better sides and Liverpool's pact with the devil means there will be no soft penalties for Real and if Marcelo starts playing rugby again, a penalty will be awarded against him.

Prepare yourself.

They will be going round town in an open top bus and we will announce an extension to Sam's contract.

If Bayern had Liverpool's strike force, they would have hockeyed Real. Real were dire and they were poor in Germany and poor in both legs against Juve.

Juve and Bayern were the better sides and Liverpool's pact with the devil means there will be no soft penalties for Real and if Marcelo starts playing rugby again, a penalty will be awarded against him.

Prepare yourself.

They will be going round town in an open top bus and we will announce an extension to Sam's contract.

Sorry that is nonsense. Real won in the Allianz and in the Juventus stadium. You don’t just fluke wins at those grounds.

Madrid as a team and individuals set to blow out of the water all kinds of European Cup records in Kiev. They have the whiff of immortality in their nostrils...imagine being so near to being an immortal of a club like Real Madrid? The best of the best. They'll go down alongside the great Di Stafano sides of the late 50s.

The motivation will be immense.

Ronaldo will eclipse Messi's CL wins. Zidane on the heels of Miguel Munz in terms of wins and ahead of De Bosque.

It

is

written

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back