• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly all the clubs should be properly warned about it during the summer , then on the first day of the season the refs should book as many people as possible for swearing at them or crowding them, 2 yard away from the referee minimum and no shouting.

There would be loads of reds but it would stop it dead
It would indeed

Arsenal convinced themselves they'd rather pay Ozil so I don't blame people who can't see Ramsey is top class since an entire football club couldn't

The difference is Arsenal knew he was top class but baulked at paying out another huge amount in wages after Ozil smashed their wage structure to keep hold of him. In simple terms it seems like a good idea to them as what is stopping their other 'star' players from demanding similar terms once you give in and say no Ozil isn't a unique case. However the problem is how do you replace Ramsey with someone of similar quality for less than 60 million in total (300k x 4 years). For example Sigurdsson is costing us 70-80 million (transfer fee and wages) and he isn't Arsenal quality.

Kante and Hazard on the bench fresh for the RS.

Every little helps I guess... Still though away Europa league games always seem to have a negative effect... You still have to travel, so there's not much time to prepare for your game on Sunday...

Let's hope for the best, last real chance of Liverpool dropping points... Hopefully Chelsea realise a draw would be a great result...

Every little helps I guess... Still though away Europa league games always seem to have a negative effect... You still have to travel, so there's not much time to prepare for your game on Sunday...

Let's hope for the best, last real chance of Liverpool dropping points... Hopefully Chelsea realise a draw would be a great result...

Exactly this

Thursday night Europa games are poison. Chelsea have a big squad and will still likely suffer with minimal preparation.

The media all hype 7th place as a gateway to the Europa league qualifying rounds but we haven't got anything like the squads of Arsenal or Chelsea.

Burnley, Southampton, West Ham and ourselves last season showed just how much it can wreck the following season.

7th if it qualifies for the Europa is not wanted, 8th is a million times better.

Let Wolves, Watford or Leicester wreck their seasons

7th if it qualifies for the Europa is not wanted, 8th is a million times better.
If you finish 7th, you don't deserve to 'qualify' for anything, in my opinion.
7th is bang average.

Just get the cup winners cup back properly FFS.

Getting hammered in the CL and dropping into the Europa is a joke as well.

If you finish 7th, you don't deserve to 'qualify' for anything, in my opinion.
7th is bang average.

Just get the cup winners cup back properly FFS.

Getting hammered in the CL and dropping into the Europa is a joke as well.

Tbf the premier league this season seems streets ahead of most other leagues at least when you consider the top six

If you consider all the top six are in the quarter finals of the two European competitions and four will almost certainly be in the semis (after one premier league team knocks out another)

The very real possibility is for one final to be Arsenal vs Chelsea while the other could be City or even Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool

Granted, the UCL final is a lot more doubtful but certainly wouldn't be much of a shock.

So with all six clubs being better than the vast majority of the rest of Europe or at least competitive with (in United's case - who aren't up to the best in Barca, Juve, City, Liverpool or Spurs) then seventh although a lot weaker is probably as strong as an awful lot of other weaker teams who qualify.

It used to be only the top four who were so much better than the rest of the prem in its heyday in 2008 when United beat Chelsea in the final, or 2012 when Chelsea last won it, but now that's expanded to SIX top sides.

I would far rather not qualify for seventh though if it is us as it wrecks preseason and early fixture congestion and Thursday night football is just what we don't need.

Tbf the premier league this season seems streets ahead of most other leagues at least when you consider the top six

If you consider all the top six are in the quarter finals of the two European competitions and four will almost certainly be in the semis (after one premier league team knocks out another)

The very real possibility is for one final to be Arsenal vs Chelsea while the other could be City or even Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool

Granted, the UCL final is a lot more doubtful but certainly wouldn't be much of a shock.

So with all six clubs being better than the vast majority of the rest of Europe or at least competitive with (in United's case - who aren't up to the best in Barca, Juve, City, Liverpool or Spurs) then seventh although a lot weaker is probably as strong as an awful lot of other weaker teams who qualify.

It used to be only the top four who were so much better than the rest of the prem in its heyday in 2008 when United beat Chelsea in the final, or 2012 when Chelsea last won it, but now that's expanded to SIX top sides.

I would far rather not qualify for seventh though if its us as it wrecks preseason and early congestion and Thursday football is just what we don't need.
Agree.
All down to money though.
You won't convince me that you should get something for finishing 7th though mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back