• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

They can make subs and not weaken the team, they have a lot of strikers and money. But I know people will argue, but their football is average, the have a long ball game and rely on their strikers to put away half chances. And close players down at an unbelievable level.
They are a system team. It reminds me of the seventies when they played their little triangles and won the league every year under Paisley. We had a more attractive team than them but they had a system and a strong mentality

I fear them winning 4 trophies, I know its not the proper quadruple but no team has won 4 major trophies in an English season, it would just be like them to be the first.
Why, they weren't the first team to win the double, or the treble. And like you say they can't anyway as they're not in the Champions League.

They are making changes in the cup. I can definitely see someone like Leeds at Elland Road turning them over.

They played a second string against Arsenal away and beat them comfortably. They consistently swap out their first teamers for youth players and fringe players and there’s never even a slight drop off. There is absolutely no way they would lose to a lower league team. The only team capable of standing toe to toe with them mentally is Man City, at the Etihad specifically. Even they manage to melt at Anfield every year.

Basically we’re waiting until Klopp is gone before they become a somewhat normal football team again. God knows when that’ll be.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back