• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Don't you find it strange that even the great United, Arsenal and Chelsea sides didn't win ridiculous amount of games on the bounce. United in the 90s and early nougties had a great side, as did Arsenal, Chelsea and too a lesser extent City. But games were competitive and interesting, look at the United sides of the late nougties they had the best keeper, best defence, best midfield and Berbatov, Tevez and Rooney up front. Yet we still have them a hard time. This is even about bitterness, Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano were all far better midfielders that have had success under Klopp. The RS have relied a hoofball to win games, skill plays very little part in it, so being able to run faster and for long benefits you. That's where the drugs come in. All these no marks such as TAA, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Mane, Salah who weren't wanted by any of the other top sides, started playing great. Doesn't it strike you as somewhat suspicious that all these players who were setting the world alight at Anfield, not one of them has come close to replicating that form elsewhere. Even players like Eto and Rooney who came to us at the end of their career still had the skill, just not the fitness. Milner should of been at his best when he was at Villa and his early years at City, not when he was coming to the end of his career and playing at a higher level and at a higher pace. Allardyce worked out that other than Salah they have no skill in the team, if you just sit back, and don't let them use their pace, they can't do much to you. No drugs don't turn you into Messi, but if your game relies on as you saw at Arsenal catching your opponents on the break and finishing them off it does help to use Kloppozade.
😂 go to bed mate.

Only just seen the Toney goal replay. That's absolutely horrific that VAR hasn't intervened to rule that out - you cannot have players shifting the white line along to wherever they deem fit. I hope the PGMOL comes out and says that the ball may no longer be moved from where the referee deems the foul was committed. Needs to be a clamping down on cheating and that's as blatant as it gets.

I'd go as far to say if a player is caught (which, with VAR, they always must be caught) moving the ball for a more favourable angle/position, then it's a yellow card and free kick for the other team.

Only just seen the Toney goal replay. That's absolutely horrific that VAR hasn't intervened to rule that out - you cannot have players shifting the white line along to wherever they deem fit. I hope the PGMOL comes out and says that the ball may no longer be moved from where the referee deems the foul was committed. Needs to be a clamping down on cheating and that's as blatant as it gets.

I'd go as far to say if a player is caught (which, with VAR, they always must be caught) moving the ball for a more favourable angle/position, then it's a yellow card and free kick for the other team.
This has nothing to do with VAR. If the ref doesn't spot something like that then we'll done Toney. He only moved it a few inches. Some free kicks are taken 10 yards from where the foul was.
I have absolutely no problem with the Toney goal standing. If it was against Everton I'd have been annoyed at the wall not shuffling along a bit to compensate.

This has nothing to do with VAR. If the ref doesn't spot something like that then we'll done Toney. He only moved it a few inches. Some free kicks are taken 10 yards from where the foul was.
I have absolutely no problem with the Toney goal standing. If it was against Everton I'd have been annoyed at the wall not shuffling along a bit to compensate.
He moved it more than a couple if inches mate. He moved the marker as well that the referee deemed where the foul took place. No spray/marker and I would call it clever and would not have a problem with it. He moved the mark when the ref wasnt looking. Cheating imo.

He moved it more than a couple if inches mate. He moved the marker as well that the referee deemed where the foul took place. No spray/marker and I would call it clever and would not have a problem with it. He moved the mark when the ref wasnt looking. Cheating imo.
If he'd marked an X like on a bet slip, I may have forgiven him everything...

He moved the ball about 10 inches. Roughly a balls width. Enough to give himself an advantage.
The only reason for having a wall in place is to block the ball from going in the goal. If the ball moves, the wall should move.
The blame rests 100% on the defenders not being aware of what was going on.

He moved the ball about 10 inches. Roughly a balls width. Enough to give himself an advantage.
The only reason for having a wall in place is to block the ball from going in the goal. If the ball moves, the wall should move.
The blame rests 100% on the defenders not being aware of what was going on.
He moved the spray as well, thats cheating. Agree that the defenders should have picked up on it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back