• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

The rs have so much firepower that I'd be shocked if they don't win it

They select a front 3 which isn't working, they sub them for another 3. No one else has that kind of depth. They've just got too many goals in that side.

It’s a mentality thing for me. No one else can match them for it, apart from City when they get into the last quarter of the season. But they need to get a result at Anfield to have a chance, because Big Red will reel off 10 wins on the spin after that game regardless of what happens in it.

It’s a mentality thing for me. No one else can match them for it, apart from City when they get into the last quarter of the season. But they need to get a result at Anfield to have a chance, because Big Red will reel off 10 wins on the spin after that game regardless of what happens in it.

Yep, they've got the mentality that they simply won't be beaten. Add that to huge squad depth and when needed decisions going for them, then this is what happens.

I don't think City have enough to go the distance with them and no one else will challenge them.

Yep, they've got the mentality that they simply won't be beaten. Add that to huge squad depth and when needed decisions going for them, then this is what happens.

I don't think City have enough to go the distance with them and no one else will challenge them.

The sooner the media stop pretending Arsenal, Villa and Spurs are in the race the better as well.

The way City have defended this season I'm not sure they're the best team. Also they seem unable to cope without Rodri these days.
I don't know why they haven't made an upgrade on Aki yet?

And Walker shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11 until he's done cry-fapping over pictures of his ex, and he's completely over her.

Last edited:

The rs have so much firepower that I'd be shocked if they don't win it

They select a front 3 which isn't working, they sub them for another 3. No one else has that kind of depth. They've just got too many goals in

Yep, all 3 are miles off it compared to the rs

Arsenal have Jesus or Nketiah as options as their main striker

rs can pick from Jota, Salah, Nunez, Gakpo

They've basically got double the attacking options of everyone
And today they were missing Matip, Thiago, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Salah, Endo, Tsimikas and Szoboszlai, and still they absolutely murdered the in-form team of the PL.

2 great La Liga games today , all free on Viaplay Xtra.

If we think VAR is terrible in England it was a joke in the Real Madrid games where with the refs help they won after being 2 nil down. Bellingham was awesome again.

Barca also went 2 nil up against Betis but 2 goals from a rejuvenated Isco has levelled it. Barca really are a pale shadow of the team they used to be.

How do drugs make you a better player, honestly...
Don't you find it strange that even the great United, Arsenal and Chelsea sides didn't win ridiculous amount of games on the bounce. United in the 90s and early nougties had a great side, as did Arsenal, Chelsea and too a lesser extent City. But games were competitive and interesting, look at the United sides of the late nougties they had the best keeper, best defence, best midfield and Berbatov, Tevez and Rooney up front. Yet we still have them a hard time. This is even about bitterness, Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano were all far better midfielders that have had success under Klopp. The RS have relied a hoofball to win games, skill plays very little part in it, so being able to run faster and for long benefits you. That's where the drugs come in. All these no marks such as TAA, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Mane, Salah who weren't wanted by any of the other top sides, started playing great. Doesn't it strike you as somewhat suspicious that all these players who were setting the world alight at Anfield, not one of them has come close to replicating that form elsewhere. Even players like Eto and Rooney who came to us at the end of their career still had the skill, just not the fitness. Milner should of been at his best when he was at Villa and his early years at City, not when he was coming to the end of his career and playing at a higher level and at a higher pace. Allardyce worked out that other than Salah they have no skill in the team, if you just sit back, and don't let them use their pace, they can't do much to you. No drugs don't turn you into Messi, but if your game relies on as you saw at Arsenal catching your opponents on the break and finishing them off it does help to use Kloppozade.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back