Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midfields win matches is one of those things people say and it sounds all smart and profound but doesn’t actually mean anything at all.

What wins matches is money so that you can buy a team of players that are man for man superior to the team of players you’re playing against 95% of the time. The point I’m trying to make which seems to be lost here per usual is that if the money wasn’t so out of balance it might not break that way.
I dont care what anybody says, but Liverpool won the Title without a midfield.

Goals win you games.

And they mostly come from attacking players.

“Attack wins you games, defence wins you titles,” Alex Ferguson​

Goals win you games.

They won the title because they had a midfield full of cloggers that allowed the attackers to do what they wanted and protected the defense. Hence they turned to poop when their legs went.

They won the title because they had a midfield full of cloggers that allowed the attackers to do what they wanted and protected the defense. Hence they turned to poop when their legs went.
Roy Keane is no clogger!

They turned to poop once they lost the greatest Manager of all time.

Goals win you games.

I didn’t really feel like talking about the RS because St Domingo will come and call me a kopite like some kind of supernatural force but they were in my head too.
BRUH, it was SAF, he knows what hes chatting.
I was talking about the American football saying.

It means nothing mate. It’s in the same class as defense wins championships. Just made up garbage that old guys say to each other when they don’t actually have a clue.

lol

Using an example of Messi to back up your daft opinion does not make you right. Its the exception that proves the rule.

Alex Ferguson to Roy Keane when trying to sign him. "We will dominate England anyrate, with you, we will get Europe".

lol

Using an example of Messi to back up your daft opinion does not make you right. Its the exception that proves the rule.

Alex Ferguson to Roy Keane when trying to sign him. "We will dominate England anyrate, with you, we will get Europe".
Sir Alex getting two European Cups in 20 years of managing the richest team in the world isn’t exactly a great record if we’re being honest.

It’s not an exception to me, Nymz brought up Busquets but I’ll make the same argument on just about anyone. Vardy and Mahrez meant more than Kante to Leicester.

Sir Alex getting two European Cups in 20 years of managing the richest team in the world isn’t exactly a great record if we’re being honest.

It’s not an exception to me, Nymz brought up Busquets but I’ll make the same argument on just about anyone. Vardy and Mahrez meant more than Kante to Leicester.

Professional football disagreed with you since the latter won all the awards (and at Chelsea).

I dunno, that Leicester side was something else, sure Vardy, Mahrez and Kante took all the praise, but Wes Morgan played like a prime Nesta that season.

It was the definition of a team effort for me.

I dunno, that Leicester side was something else, sure Vardy, Mahrez and Kante took all the praise, but Wes Morgan played like a prime Nesta that season.

It was the definition of a team effort for me.
It’s fair and they all deserved the credit they got. To me if I had to pick one it’s Mahrez. I just rate spawning goals out of nothing yourself higher than anything else in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back