Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's true. Although statistically he's the second best England manager of all time.

Shows how terrible the national side has been over the years!
There are a lot of managers out there who are better than him on the tactical aspects and game management in high stakes games. To be seen how many are out there who can do as good a job as him on the less tangible things, such as the culture and environment he’s created around the team, which a lot of people underestimate.

There are a lot of managers out there who are better than him on the tactical aspects and game management in high stakes games. To be seen how many are out there who can do as good a job as him on the less tangible things, such as the culture and environment he’s created around the team, which a lot of people underestimate.

Personally I’d rather have a manager that knows what he’s doing than someone who Harry Maguire and Kalvin Phillips love because he keeps picking them despite not actually playing any football.

Personally I’d rather have a manager that knows what he’s doing than someone who Harry Maguire and Kalvin Phillips love because he keeps picking them despite not actually playing any football.
I agree he needs to be getting shot of Maguire now. Would’ve been interested to see if he had played on Sat if Stones was fit. Stones and Shaw were both out, so I can imagine his thinking was that if Maguire didn’t play then 3/4 of the defence is quite new to the team. I’m hoping he won’t start the friendly and that in the next round of games we see something like Stones and Guehi at CB.

I disagree on Phillips. He’s the only one who can play in Rice’s position if Rice gets injured. A lot of people are going on about JWP but he can’t screen the back 4

So, erm, there's a Euro's next summer? And Germany have sacked their manager...

In parallel news, or thought at least, I believe there is an Olympics in Paris next year around a similar time? How's that going to stack up for the football sides?

So, erm, there's a Euro's next summer? And Germany have sacked their manager...

In parallel news, or thought at least, I believe there is an Olympics in Paris next year around a similar time? How's that going to stack up for the football sides?
Olympic sides are mostly U21 players and the odd senior deemed not good enough anymore, Brazil went a different route last time out taking strong sides to both the Olympics and the Copa America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back