Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Watching on Sky Deutschland I am pleasantly surprised to see I now have the option to listen to English-language commentary. So, I toggle it on and am delighted to hear the dulcet tones of my fellow Limerickman Connor McNamara (sounding as fakely professional as ever). Oh, and Jim Beglin.

Connor is doing his level best to pretend that this is going to be an even vaguely competitive season. But his heart isn't in it. It's as much of a foregone conclusion as many of our fellow countrymen imagined the All-Ireland hurling championship would be for our home county last April. With added human rights violations.

This has been about as routine as it gets for City, barely got out of first gear all game
I said in another thread, it's to some extent commendable that Kompany wants Burnley to play good, attractive football; it worked for him/them last year.

But the standard of the PL is a huge step-up, and the top teams will undo them quite easily if they carry on this, as will most of the mediocre sides.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back