Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help feel that he's being shoe-horned on the left. He's a decent footballer, but has no sense of positional play - especially out there.

Maybe Barkley should be rested and then have Clevs behind the striker.

Squad player, central holding midfielder, playing as a starter on the left wing.

I mean...
I see him as a cog in the machine kind of player.
Someone who keeps things ticking along, making passes, tackles, moving into space.
He isn't going to change a game by himself.

The kind that looks good in a winning team but doesn't stand up when he needs to in a losing team.

I see him as a cog in the machine kind of player.
Someone who keeps things ticking along, making passes, tackles, moving into space.
He isn't going to change a game by himself.

The kind that looks good in a winning team but doesn't stand up when he needs to in a losing team.
Shame we have one more of that in McCarthy (first season McCarthy at least), like...

But I do agree, it's just that with our current team he should be a squad player at best (perhaps he'll run into a bit of form, who knows?), but never on the fecking wing :(

Can't help feel that he's being shoe-horned on the left. He's a decent footballer, but has no sense of positional play - especially out there.

That sounds familiar. Almost like...almost every other player we have has been put out there when it's not even a comfortable position for them...

Shame we have one more of that in McCarthy (first season McCarthy at least), like...

But I do agree, it's just that with our current team he should be a squad player at best (perhaps he'll run into a bit of form, who knows?), but never on the fecking wing :(
Aye, Kev should have gotten more of a go. Or Lennon.

fall-of-rome_2184860b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back