Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely never disliked a player as much.

I don't know what he does? He can't score, his passing is sketchy at best, he's a shithouse in tackles, he actively seeks to be marked so he can do a bare minimum but still look like he's doing something.

We need to open up the Tom Clev vaulting thread.
You'll find the vaults are kind to me but harsh to @Boss_Blue

thought he had a good second half on Saturday and played well a couple of times in the 20ish appearances he has played. That means he's been pretty useless for the remainder. Mind you who hasn't in our team? Give him time under the new manager same with all the players.

Weird how people pick out Cleverley as a scapegoat. He's a very decent, hardworking player. Not a world beater, but a good squad player.

Some of his passes this season have been superb (his assist for Lukaku vs Stoke for example). He always seems to strike the ball cleanly too, I've lost count how many good efforts from the edge of the box have been blocked (or saved, like that one against Palace).

In short; lay off him you melts.

Why were his shots blocked? Because he is one of the most immobile human beings outside of a nursing home! Easy to read!

Or.... he shots are that weak a defender can adjust his body mid-flight to block it, or a keeper can go get a Chang and come back and save it, mid-shot.

I think think you meant "squad filler" - just like those Xmas socks ya get in your stocking - they serve a purpose of filling the stocking/squad, but they are of no real value, you don't need or want them, and usually, ya bin them after a week or 2.

Why were his shots blocked? Because he is one of the most immobile human beings outside of a nursing home! Easy to read!

Or.... he shots are that weak a defender can adjust his body mid-flight to block it, or a keeper can go get a Chang and come back and save it, mid-shot.

I think think you meant "squad filler" - just like those Xmas socks ya get in your stocking - they serve a purpose of filling the stocking/squad, but they are of no real value, you don't need or want them, and usually, ya bin them after a week or 2.
SHARKEY SHARKEY SHARKEY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back