Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
City first leg ? Went off halftime, he'd been tosh

Chelsea QF?!?! Oh come on. He was Utter mince and we were carried by Lukaku

Stoke away and Southampton away - strikes right at the heart of the issue. Only plays well when the whole team does. Total fraud like his boss.

He's a squad player alright. Someone other than Everton that is.
TBF, that charge could be levelled against most of our players at different times this season, even those who seem to be exempt from any criticism.
Cleverly has had a moderate personal season in a poor club season which puts him probably on a breakeven situation.
He will never be a world beater, but I do think he has plenty to contribute.

City first leg ? Went off halftime, he'd been tosh

Chelsea QF?!?! Oh come on. He was Utter mince and we were carried by Lukaku

Stoke away and Southampton away - strikes right at the heart of the issue. Only plays well when the whole team does. Total fraud like his boss.

He's a squad player alright. Someone other than Everton that is.

I'm not saying he won us those games, i'm saying his pressing has helped us at times this season.

Everyones angry, but Tom Cleverley seems a bit of a strange focal point for it.

The Clev is a perfect example of modern day footballer opinions - players have to be either totally boss or gash. Tom is a decent player, I actually quite like him. I'd keep him in the squad for sure.

Squad player is the perfect description of him mate, IF he is regularly starting games irrespective of who it is aginst - then you know you have a weak squad/first 11, if your the one picking and choosing the games he plays to rest more important players for bigger games then thats about his role in a team of the level we 'hope' to be at

think the way Neville and numerous other United players roles where (including Cleverley tbh) under Ferguson

Squad player is the perfect description of him mate, IF he is regularly starting games irrespective of who it is aginst - then you know you have a weak squad/first 11, if your the one picking and choosing the games he plays to rest more important players for bigger games then thats about his role in a team of the level we 'hope' to be at

think the way Neville and numerous other United players roles where (including Cleverley tbh) under Ferguson

Spot on really. You need a player or two like Clev for seasons when you're in multiple competitions, which of course we aim to be.

Difference being that Ferguson used kids from his academy to fill such roles, and then once they were old enough to start wanting serious money he'd let them drop down the leagues (unless Everton wanted them).

I think it's the best way to get value out of what I imagine is an expensive youth setup. Certainly better than being the soft arse who puts these no hopers on a £40+k contract.

From and including: Friday, 5 June 2015
To and including: Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Result: 328 days
It is 328 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 10 months, 23 days including the end date

Alternative time units
328 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 28,339,200 seconds
  • 472,320 minutes
  • 7872 hours
  • 328 days
  • 46 weeks and 6 days
  • 89.86% of a common year (365 days)
  • 1 goal for an attacking midfielder
  • 3 assists for a supposed pass master

From and including: Friday, 5 June 2015
To and including: Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Result: 328 days
It is 328 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 10 months, 23 days including the end date

Alternative time units
328 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 28,339,200 seconds
  • 472,320 minutes
  • 7872 hours
  • 328 days
  • 46 weeks and 6 days
  • 89.86% of a common year (365 days)
  • 1 goal for an attacking midfielder
  • 3 assists for a supposed pass master

Ha Ha , He has played nearly every game as a left back babysitter, Because our front 2 are statues and do no work. How many goals/assists have Barry, McCarthy and Besic Mustered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back