Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
This irritates the life out of me.

Chosen to hate him?

I've heard the same thing about Kone, Martinez, McGeady, McCarthy. It's absolute tosh.

The reason this gang of chumps get the stick they do is for the completely chap performances they put in week in, week out.

Not good enough for an Everton side with even a semblance of ambition. We don't choose to hate them - but they certainly are choosing not to perform to an acceptable level.

Bit harsh on Cleverley, for me.

He's quite a limited footballer but I think he works harder than most in our team. On the few occassions we have managed a decent result this season, he's usually been there pressing opposition high up the pitch (Southampton away, Man City 1st leg, Stoke Away, Chelsea QF).

Going forward, he's a squad player at best. But that's not because of a poor attitude.

Bit harsh on Cleverley, for me.

He's quite a limited footballer but I think he works harder than most in our team. On the few occassions we have managed a decent result this season, he's usually been there pressing opposition high up the pitch (Southampton away, Man City 1st leg, Stoke Away, Chelsea QF).

Going forward, he's a squad player at best. But that's not because of a poor attitude.

City first leg ? Went off halftime, he'd been tosh

Chelsea QF?!?! Oh come on. He was Utter mince and we were carried by Lukaku

Stoke away and Southampton away - strikes right at the heart of the issue. Only plays well when the whole team does. Total fraud like his boss.

He's a squad player alright. Someone other than Everton that is.

Weird how people pick out Cleverley as a scapegoat. He's a very decent, hardworking player. Not a world beater, but a good squad player.

Some of his passes this season have been superb (his assist for Lukaku vs Stoke for example). He always seems to strike the ball cleanly too, I've lost count how many good efforts from the edge of the box have been blocked (or saved, like that one against Palace).

In short; lay off him you melts.

He is meant to be the man who keeps us ticking over, dictates the tempo, gets us playing forward, threads the pass to open up space. He is struggling to be any one of those things.

He seems to be either playing too wide and/or too deep.

Thought Ander Herrera both at Goodison earlier in the yr and again when he came on the other day, played the role he should be playing.

Bench at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back