Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as serious as first thought at half time. Early post game reports say ligament damage but no fracture.

And, speaking in his post-match press conference, Martinez confirmed that while the midfielder is likely to be set for a spell on the sidelines, the situation is better than it could have been.

"The physio is a little bit more positive [than he was at half-time]," he explained. "I think it is clearly ligament damage - but, straight away, we were fearing it could have been ligament damage and a fracture as well.

So we will hopefully see him back this season.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/08/29/cleverley-injured

CNl6TVgUsAAVZ07.jpg

A freeze frame of it

Any other club at least get a red card out of horror tackles like this. Not us. The great Corinthians.

Cap in hand gets kick in teeth.

I thought it was a bad tackle as for getting the ball and all that it is irrelevant if the player makes such a tackle without regard to the opposition players safety.

It depends what sort of ligament damage but I fear a ACL which if correct will mean he won't play again this season . A fracture in some respects could have been a blessing

Its a shame that Tom got injured but if you're going to punish players for getting the ball first in tackles then you might as well ban tackles.
10 years ago its fine but in the modern day, that kind of challenge is unacceptable. You may as well condone two footed lunges as long as the balls taken first if you appreciate that kind of tackle today.

I can see why some people are saying it was a fair tackle. 10 years ago it would have been fine. As an older fan I tend to feel today's game has become a bit timid.
However the rules of today's game don't allow players to tackle in a way where they are not in control, Dyer went flying in with t his tackling foot well of the ground, he jumped in. He then brought his trailing foot around the back of Cleverley, a scissors tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back