Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a shame that Tom got injured but if you're going to punish players for getting the ball first in tackles then you might as well ban tackles.

Getting the ball first doesn't always mean it's a fair tackle. In this case, the challenge is made from behind and the scissors follow through is reckless. Definitely worthy of a booking.

I hear what you're all saying, and the first thing you need to realise it that it's not from behind.

On a compass, say a tackle from behind is S, then this tackle, with both players momentum, comes from SE.

The trailing leg does come through, but not with any malice whatsoever. Its a shame, but 9 times out of ten Clev's gets up and plays on.

Crunching tackle and one we've all dished out and been on the end of.

A few minutes later there was another cruncher involving Seamus Coleman. This time both players got up and trotted away.

Really sorry for Cleverly and hope he gets back as soon as possible.

A few minutes later there was another cruncher involving Seamus Coleman. This time both players got up and trotted away.

Really sorry for Cleverly and hope he gets back as soon as possible.

By Rose? That was a foul for me, especially as the ball went out for a goal kick, anyway just saying. Also, was Kane not offside in first half - again just saying cos to me he looked it.

I thought the Rose tackle was naughty. If it had been the other way around you can be sure that Rose would have rolled around and got Seamus a yellow card.

Seamus was unprofessional in getting up and running off as if nothing had happened. He should have made the ref make a decision.

I think it's a bit dangerous to say it was a great tackle because he played the ball. I mean, he clearly went through the back of Cleverly with such force that he's nearly snapped his ankle in two. I don't know how that can be the case with no punishment. I understand 'ball and man' and all that, but there's a reason laws of the game have come on a bit in the last 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back