Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you soft arses are the reason why hard fair tackling is becoming a dying art.

It was just that a firm hard tackle, get over it, injuries happen.

This is the sort of tackle which will decide opinion. In football today we happen to have an old school who will look back to the days of the midfield enforcer, the guy who put in the crunching tackles. The faction who feel today's game has lost some of it's manly qualities. I have some sympathy with this view, I hate the players who fall over when someone brushes up against them. I really hate it when tv pundits say "he was entitled to fall as there was contact". I don't think the rules state it is a foul if you make contact.
However I differ on tackling, I think Dier's tackle was a foul, he was't in control of his follow through, he had both feet off the ground and there was a scissors action. All clearly against today's rules.
If you are of the opinion this type of tackle should be allowed in today's game, argue for that. If you feel "playing the ball' should make any tackle legal then that is your argument.
User's tackle was clearly against the rules of football today, it was a foul.

Or even worse Naismith!

Only til Barry's position becomes untenable. He's Barry's long term replacement, but these first few games have shown him worthy of playing especially over people like Naismith if the wingers aren't fit. Resting seamus and Pennington having such a shocker is what led to Wednesday's bizarre positioning and it worked

McCarthy needs to be Barrys replacement because it's no good having James any further up the pitch, he's useless bar the odd goal once in a blue moon further up. I would also say Besic is ahead of Cleverley for the holding midfield position.

McCarthy needs to be Barrys replacement because it's no good having James any further up the pitch, he's useless bar the odd goal once in a blue moon further up. I would also say Besic is ahead of Cleverley for the holding midfield position.
All correct, and absolutely nothing wrong with saying Cleverly is not best used as a holding midfielder. Hope he heals up soon, I've been pleasantly surprised by him. Very impressed with him putting in a shift at RB and clearly being determined to make a decent go of it.

All correct, and absolutely nothing wrong with saying Cleverly is not best used as a holding midfielder. Hope he heals up soon, I've been pleasantly surprised by him. Very impressed with him putting in a shift at RB and clearly being determined to make a decent go of it.

Absolutely mate regarding the rb role, a lot of.players would be utterly clueless and go missing but it showed you tactically that he's a very bright lad and a good footballer.

Behave yourselvess you kopites, it wasa good tackle, clev just got a bit unlucky

I think it was a good old fashioned tackle, but in modern football, it's a grey area.

It was from behind and a scissor motion, which isn't really okay these days. Technically it was a very well timed tackle and he got the ball, but it was a bit dangerous.

Mainly though Clev was unlucky. Get well soon you Wiganista beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back