Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this up for debate?

It's a fair, hard challenge from the side and if it was us, we'd be applauding.

He's won the ball. Really unlucky Clev's got injured.

That type of challenge will always divide opinion as, while no one wants to see tackling disappear from the game, most people wouldn't want to see someone get seriously injured either regardless of the team they play for. This type of challenge is a dangerous one for me and the intention is to get man and ball

I think on the face of it it's not that bad a tackle but watch it in slow motion. The initial point of contact is around the back of Cleverley's knee. The simple fact is his momentum means he isn't in control of that tackle. That's what makes it dangerous. I don't think he meant to hurt him but he has so it should have warranted the appropriate punishment

dunno, people are saying ten years ago it'd be great, but it's not ten years ago, and it's not all that great.

It's a very dangerous tackle, it's behind and it's a scissor tackle, you can snap someones leg in half like that, and cleverley is lucky not to have a broken ankle.

I'm more arsed about it because it's from behind, so there is no chance for cleverley to avoid it, which makes it even more dangerous.

One of our players will do the same and get booked in the very near future, and we'll be outraged. Isn't there a chance to actually retrospectively penalise the tackle as well somehow? Replays etc? Fairly sure Balotelli had been banned before by that.

Anyway, hope the injury isn't as bad as first feared. Classic Everton on display though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back