Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see he's getting the old 'puts a shift in' defense, quick translation, he's utter chobb and I can't think of any actual attributes
Anyone can run round a field and look vaguely interested for 90 minutes.

Well except me, and a few others, but anyone healthy can do it.

Anyone can run round a field and look vaguely interested for 90 minutes.

Well except me, and a few others, but anyone healthy can do it.
Whenever players attributes are listed and words professionalism or grafter come up at the top of their list, you know they are tripe, they are a given at this level except for one or two talented lunatics, and it just isn't enough without a bit of actual talent, file him under naismith

I think Cleverley was a decent signing.

OK, he's not going to get into the first eleven for any side with serious Champions League aspirations, but, at the time he was signed, that's not really what we were.

He cost us nothing, does a half decent job, is hard working ( *waves to @Sapie88 ) and versatile. Going forward, hopefully he'll end up on the bench more because we have better quality than we have now, and if he's not happy with that, then we'll get something for him if we sell him.

Getting him here was a fairly smart piece of business with very little risk.

As free transfers go he's not that bad. I remember Villa fans being happy when he left Villa but I bet they regret not getting him back in.

He's just am average player for me. Being on the bench is ok if we need to shut up shop but there's no way he's an impact player. You wouldn't be shouting his name to replace many when we are chasing games.

I think Cleverley was a decent signing.

OK, he's not going to get into the first eleven for any side with serious Champions League aspirations, but, at the time he was signed, that's not really what we were.

He cost us nothing, does a half decent job, is hard working ( *waves to @Sapie88 ) and versatile. Going forward, hopefully he'll end up on the bench more because we have better quality than we have now, and if he's not happy with that, then we'll get something for him if we sell him.

Getting him here was a fairly smart piece of business with very little risk.
He puts me at risk of cardiac arrest every time I see his name on the team sheet.

I think he is the same type of player as Higginbotham, Evans Brown and o'shea. All started off at United, O'Shea Evans and Brown done very well to get the games they did but ultimately ended up at the right type of level. Cleverley wouldn't shine at Stoke, Sunderland West Brom but would do a job. Gibson is a class above him in my opinion, unfortunately he doesn't have the same professional attitude or luck with injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back