Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike the thought of him as a squad player because that implies he'll be getting game time next season.

He's not good enough and never will be good enough for where we want to be. He should be at the likes of Norwich and Aston Villa, being a squad player in a relegation side.

....there are probably lot's of players not good enough for 'where we want to be' but they were recruited before new owners and greater purchasing power happened. Cleverley is a full England international who came through the ranks at Manchester United. He's a decent footballer. We should have aspiration to improve in every position but change will take time.

I think you do not have a better English player. Technically, he is as good as you get. The way he executes, how he reads the game, for me he is one of the most sensational you are going to see in Premier League history

I wouldn’t sell him for any money in the current market. I want to see him go from strength to strength because I know there is so much more to come

There are only a few players in this country who have had the sort of education where they look as if they could have been brought up in Holland, Spain or France

I just got off the phone to an ITK - apparently all the managers on the shortlist want written confirmation before interview that should they get the job Snivelley will be instantly sacked and released and all records of him playing for Everton are expunged.

Make of that what you will

Should never be first choice for us but his versatility is useful to have in a fairly small squad. The ultimate jack of all trades, master of none.

The invisible man. Hasn't done anything this season bar his last minute winner at Newcastle. A mediocre player that fits right in with the board's vision of Everton.

He's proved himself a decent squad option as a utility player. Any team needs that. On a free transfer then we've done fine.

Do I think he should be starting every game? No. But you're been very harsh on him IMO.

I've been banging on him being Mr. 7/10 all season. Completely average in every sense of the word. Decent as a squad/emergency player but should never be a first team player..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back