Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
A squad player is there to fill in for a first teamer if they go down with an injury/suspension. They don't have to be better than the first team player

In an ideal universe, the ultimate goal is for a younger player, ideally from your own youth set up, to replace the first teamer, at which point the first teamer becomes the squad player and the squad player gets moved on
No, they will be last seasons first Teamer, as in if we bring in a Gaz Baz replacement, GB becomes the squad player and Besic gets lashed in the bin.

It says an awful lot that Cleverley's best performance in an Everton shirt was when he dropped back to play as an emergency RB, against Barnsley in a cup game IIRC.

By prem standards he's too lightweight to be a CM and lacks the creativity to play on the wing or as a #10. On the plus side, we got him for nothing and should be able to ship him off to a championship club for £8m or £9m... I'd sell him, activate Sneijder's release clause and put the remaining £3m in the bank.

I wonder if Ronald Koeman looks into GOT?
I assume he does otherwise these debates about certain squad members are pointless and irrelevant.
Cleverley is a highly paid , international footballer. He gets paid more in a week than most do in a year.
He has played his football in the Premiership and will continue to do so , whither at Everton or not.
I think he started the season well, then he got a bad injury at Spurs was out for quite a while and the season was very mixed for him after that...as it was for most.

His future depends on the style and formation the manager chooses for the team and as yet we really have no idea how any single player fits into the plan...even Barkley.

Last year , even though we had a squad, we did not play as if we had. At any one time there was a preferred first eleven and players had to wait for injuries, suspensions or lack of form to get a game.

Usually, the more successful teams rotate their team not massively but rarely picking the same eleven game after game. Maybe a change or two. Keeping players involved and at the same time keeping players on their toes.
I would like to see more of this at Everton and if we do then more members of the squad will have a more meaningful role to play in the season.

That is at least a reasoned opinion (Even though I disagree and think he's fine at CM)

Those calling him "Snivelly" are odious little oyks, probably bitter at their own lot in life and instead choosing to get stuck into a handsome and vastly more talented person who has gotten further in his chosen field than they ever will in there's

*MIC DROP*

I'm sorry mate but if we were so jealous of footballers then we'd be jealous of every footballer and probably wouldn't even watch football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back