Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowhere near good enough for a top 4 team. Mid table player. Exactly for where we are now. If we are to improve he should be nowhere near the first 11.

the problem with him mate, isn't that he's terrible, it's just that he does nothing well enough at this level

not fast enough to play wide, not strong enough to play centrally, not creative enough to play further forward.

you can get by playing all those positions if you have something you can do exceptionally well, but he doesn't - nice bloke, player that youi watch and think should be good enough if you can find his best position etc, but ultimately not good enough

That is at least a reasoned opinion (Even though I disagree and think he's fine at CM)

Those calling him "Snivelly" are odious little oyks, probably bitter at their own lot in life and instead choosing to get stuck into a handsome and vastly more talented person who has gotten further in his chosen field than they ever will in there's

*MIC DROP*

Is it bollocks

He's a CM every day of the week, twice on Sunday and thrice on a Monday

That's the problem mate, as a centre mid he does nothing special. he's someone who can look decent in a terrible side (Villa), someone who can look 'passable' in a very good side (united under fergie), but when he is at a side some-place in between those two he is shown up as not being good enough

That is at least a reasoned opinion (Even though I disagree and think he's fine at CM)

Those calling him "Snivelly" are odious little oyks, probably bitter at their own lot in life and instead choosing to get stuck into a handsome and vastly more talented person who has gotten further in his chosen field than they ever will in there's

*MIC DROP*

Got 4 stars on my McDonalds staff badge, I'd take that over Cleverly's achievements any day of the week.

That's the problem mate, as a centre mid he does nothing special. he's someone who can look decent in a terrible side (Villa), someone who can look 'passable' in a very good side (united under fergie), but when he is at a side some-place in between those two he is shown up as not being good enough

He's fine as back up/impact sub, which is what he's here to be

You need squad players

Didn't we get him on a free as well?

He's fine at what he does

He certainly doesn't deserve the stick he gets

I'm not even a big fan of him. I've said it before, I have no real strong feelings for him. He's fine in the middle when called upon, rubbish on the wing and the manager kept playing him on the wing because REASONS

I have no beef with him and am shocked there's such vitriol for him

I mean, Alcaraz wasn't this hated, and he was one of the worst Everton players of my lifetime FFS!

*MIC DROP*

At CM he reminds me of when we played Osman there mate, not physical enough and without the great reading of the game defensively that does allow weaker players to play OK there, both of them always gave me the feeling we where being overrun in the centre when they played there

Don't get me wrong, was quite happy when we signed him as well, thought we would find his 'best position' etc, but ultimately hold my hands up and just have to say he isn't good enough on any evidence i have seen. Not gonna be on suicide watch if he is kept around like, but hope we don't keep him with any idea of him getting much game time this year

He's a strange one that's for sure, looked like he was gonna be something special when he first broke through (then again i though that about Ebbrell as well)

Utter turd.

Sell him and replace him with this fella. He has more fight.

giphy.gif

At CM he reminds me of when we played Osman there mate, not physical enough and without the great reading of the game defensively that does allow weaker players to play OK there, both of them always gave me the feeling we where being overrun in the centre when they played there

Don't get me wrong, was quite happy when we signed him as well, thought we would find his 'best position' etc, but ultimately hold my hands up and just have to say he isn't good enough on any evidence i have seen. Not gonna be on suicide watch if he is kept around like, but hope we don't keep him with any idea of him getting much game time this year

He's a strange one that's for sure, looked like he was gonna be something special when he first broke through (then again i though that about Ebbrell as well)

Osman was another person who got far more stick than he deserved

He was fine, not amazing, but fine

As an impact sub, I had no issue with him

Asking him to play a full 90 minutes and effect the game was a disaster waiting to happen, but having him do an hour and then taking him off before he tired? That was just fine

Again, you need squad players

Is it bollocks

He's a CM every day of the week, twice on Sunday and thrice on a Monday
Have you watched him play there? He's awful.

His sense of positions is shocking, he goes walkabouts leaving his partner getting overran, he can't tackle either.

Verdict- [Poor language removed]

*MIC DROP*
Handsome lol

Michaels gay for a manc

He's fine as back up/impact sub, which is what he's here to be

You need squad players

Didn't we get him on a free as well?

He's fine at what he does

He certainly doesn't deserve the stick he gets

Nah he doesn't deserve the stick, most don't who get it really, Naismith etc

The thing about this lad is, he's an adequate squad player in a VERY good side, one that can almost carry his weaknesses in a position and compensate - when he is in a side more level with his ability he tends to struggle and you don't have those quality players around him to cover it mate

In a way same thing can be said about someone like Stones, playing for Barca or City he would look world class instantly i think, because hed have a much better quality around (and covering some weaknesses), with us we see the true ability level he is at in his overall game - which still has flaws and weaknesses.

But hey if we bring in witsel and another top level centre mid, then maybe cleverly can fill that role as he would have those players around him that i said he needs

Osman was another person who got far more stick than he deserved

He was fine, not amazing, but fine

As an impact sub, I had no issue with him

Asking him to play a full 90 minutes and effect the game was a disaster waiting to happen, but having him do an hour and then taking him off before he tired? That was just fine

Again, you need squad players

Think the major problem is - the weaker the first team is then the more people will look at Cleverley etc and panic in case they become starters, as the gap isn't that big between them, improve the starting 11 and people will accept weaker squad players like he is more easily.

Strange Psychology but true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back